Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Crack in the Case meet Devcon Titanium Putty
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Pike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Crack in the Case meet Devcon Titanium Putty Reply with quote

Grenade. Boo hoo! Boo hoo!
Only a weld will suffice. Corner, stress point, pressurized.
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Crack in the Case meet Devcon Titanium Putty Reply with quote

You're going to be kicking yourself when that fails in the middle of BFE. A skilled TIG welder can handle that easily in far less time than it will take for the epoxy to dry, and likely cheaper than the cost of the epoxy.
Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Crack in the Case meet Devcon Titanium Putty Reply with quote

I'm just here for the popcorn Popcorn

I swear the WBX designer was a Dutch engineer in the 1st place.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Crack in the Case meet Devcon Titanium Putty Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:
All I can say is that I hope your DevCon Titanium Putty performs WAY BETTER than the project I used DevCon 5minute Epoxy on today! Followed directions, components used are listed as compatible........

Massive fail!

Dave

Dave, I'm disappointed in you! By this time you should know that five minute epoxy is for guitar inlays and repairing your wife's earrings... Cool
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Crack in the Case meet Devcon Titanium Putty Reply with quote

Jake de Villiers wrote:
djkeev wrote:
All I can say is that I hope your DevCon Titanium Putty performs WAY BETTER than the project I used DevCon 5minute Epoxy on today! Followed directions, components used are listed as compatible........

Massive fail!

Dave

Dave, I'm disappointed in you! By this time you should know that five minute epoxy is for guitar inlays and repairing your wife's earrings... Cool

I've never used it.
It was one of the manufacturers recommended adhesives for a task I did.

I won't be rushing to use it again.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: