Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kindness does still exist!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Kindness does still exist! Reply with quote

Kindness only exists when YOU DON'T BRAG ABOUT IT! If someone was kind to you, do tell!

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Kindness does still exist! Reply with quote

Emily's Owner wrote:
Chivalry and kindness definitely still exists in the young. I was at Fred Meyer (Kroger to you out of area folks) and watched a Hispanic teenage boy walk out of one of the non-automatic doors and start to head down the sidewalk, all of the sudden he spins around and quickly walks back to open the door for an elderly woman loaded down with groceries who was about to struggle with the door - made my heart happy, and most likely made his Abuela proud.

1, Why does his ethnicity matter?
2.Why didn't YOU help?

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Kindness does still exist! Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
Emily's Owner wrote:
Chivalry and kindness definitely still exists in the young. I was at Fred Meyer (Kroger to you out of area folks) and watched a Hispanic teenage boy walk out of one of the non-automatic doors and start to head down the sidewalk, all of the sudden he spins around and quickly walks back to open the door for an elderly woman loaded down with groceries who was about to struggle with the door - made my heart happy, and most likely made his Abuela proud.

1, Why does his ethnicity matter? Ethnicity, doesn't matter. Margret was, merely, making an observation of what she witnessed.
2.Why didn't YOU help? Perhaps she was observing, from afar. Some of us here are becoming senior citizens. We don't move as fast as some of you younger folks.

I do nice things for people all the time, holding a door open for women and men, letting someone at the post office go in front of me, when we arrive in line at the same time, ect.......

Little things, make a difference in peoples lives.
Try it sometime! Instead of being a kindness curmudgeon.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: Kindness does still exist! Reply with quote

Stopped on North Country Road with a guy who was losing his cabinets from his truck bed. Another guy stopped and we used rope in trunk to secure load. I always carry this and usually “lose it” every six months

Hoy ti, manana mi…
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Kindness does still exist! Reply with quote

When I was a kid, my parents and I went to Seattle to visit my dad's parents two times a year. It was usually once in the summer and again for Christmas. One summer trip, my dad decided to do take the family on a tour of the sound and booked us a trip on a tour boat. We arrived at the boat and boarded only to find that our dachshund mix had jumped out of our car (I know, it was the 70's and I'm sure all the windows were down) and ran the half mile from where we parked to the dock. The gentleman at the gate said "no pets allowed" and the boat was about to leave. I was clearly upset and will never forget the captain of the boat coming up behind us and in a thick Italian accent, saying " I make a new rule...one a small dog per trip!".

It was super nice of him. My family was able to enjoy themselves...while I spent the whole trip holding on to Taffy for dear life, fearing she'd jump off the boat.
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Kindness does still exist! Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:
ALLWAGONS wrote:
Emily's Owner wrote:

1, Why does his ethnicity matter? Ethnicity, doesn't matter. Margret was, merely, making an observation of what she witnessed.
2.Why didn't YOU help? Perhaps she was observing, from afar. Some of us here are becoming senior citizens. We don't move as fast as some of you younger folks.

I do nice things for people all the time, holding a door open for women and men, letting someone at the post office go in front of me, when we arrive in line at the same time, ect.......

Little things, make a difference in peoples lives.
Try it sometime! Instead of being a kindness curmudgeon.

do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,

FYI, I have been close to being stabbed about 5 times for helping someone, videos available upon request.

Will I continue to help!? Heck YES!

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Kindness does still exist! Reply with quote

chickengeorge wrote:
When I was a kid, my parents and I went to Seattle to visit my dad's parents two times a year. It was usually once in the summer and again for Christmas. One summer trip, my dad decided to do take the family on a tour of the sound and booked us a trip on a tour boat. We arrived at the boat and boarded only to find that our dachshund mix had jumped out of our car (I know, it was the 70's and I'm sure all the windows were down) and ran the half mile from where we parked to the dock. The gentleman at the gate said "no pets allowed" and the boat was about to leave. I was clearly upset and will never forget the captain of the boat coming up behind us and in a thick Italian accent, saying " I make a new rule...one a small dog per trip!".

It was super nice of him. My family was able to enjoy themselves...while I spent the whole trip holding on to Taffy for dear life, fearing she'd jump off the boat.

My daughter has a full blooded Dachshund named Jimmy. For their size, they are a badass breed of dog (bred to hunt underground--what other dog can say that?). He can be a real PITA even pushing 16 YO but he's our PITA...
mehran_mo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Kindness does still exist! Reply with quote

Yes kindness is everywhere around the world. The most important thing is that if you are one of kind persons, avoid contact, ignore and stay away from people who are not. It will really help you yo keep the kindness and this attitude in your heart and soul alive.
The karma is there. Some may believe in it or not. Some even believe in heart and call it with another names. But its there and what you do will back to you. No exceptions.
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Kindness does still exist! Reply with quote

mehran_mo wrote:
Yes kindness is everywhere around the world. The most important thing is that if you are one of kind persons, avoid contact, ignore and stay away from people who are not. It will really help you yo keep the kindness and this attitude in your heart and soul alive.
The karma is there. Some may believe in it or not. Some even believe in heart and call it with another names. But its there and what you do will back to you. No exceptions.

Si!

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Kindness does still exist! Reply with quote

This is a different take on kindness. Unless you live under a rock everyone is aware of the situation in Ukraine, what could a person here do to help someone over there?

Very simply by doing business with them. I bought a couple of items from sellers in Ukraine. These metal cases are actually cigarette cases but can be used as card holders etc. I bought them a few months ago to give as Christmas presents. So the seller gets the money and someone else gets a unique one of a kind gift. The sellers have been so grateful each package comes with a hand written thank you note/postcard. Shipping takes about four to five weeks but I feel this is a great way to support the Ukrainian people.

One person here uses as his avatar a Ukrainian stamp depicting a soldier showing middle finger to Russian ship, these are also selling as refrigerator magnets. Another stamp depicts poo-tin in a headlock looking like a punk bitch being led away by two Ukrainian soldiers. These collectible stamps are also being used to raise money.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The 34pict carb gives us VW content and hasn’t anything to do with Ukrainian cigarette cases😀
&Dan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Kindness does still exist! Reply with quote

Also available from Ukraine is this fantastic Nixie clock.

Link

Massive tubes!
bobnorman
Samba Newfoundlander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Kindness does still exist! Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Everyday on the Samba I see acts of kindness. The Samba and (Itinerant Air Cooled) is my only social media thing I have ever had on the internet.

Because of you all I’ve learned so much, met so many great people with VWs, and saved a ton of money on parts and services. With that in mind I usually sign up for the premium Samba membership and get a star next to my name. I don’t need the premium membership. Just my way of supporting Everett and saying thanks. I know he gets some income from ads and advertisements. Doesn’t matter. Because of his website I’ve benefited so much. It’s my way of paying it forward to Jen and Everett. I spend more time learning and laughing here then with Netflix. It’s also feels good to help others on the Samba with things I can assist with.

Today I got my Star back. Your story’s today reminded me to do that. I didn’t have it for awhile because I donated the Samba premium money I would have given Everett to another Samba member who was on a road trip to help a family in need. That doesn’t make me a hero. “vwwestyman” Dave Cook is the hero. That guy is top shelf. ...

Browsing the Samba today, something that I don't do nearly as often as I used to, I came across this thread, and this post in particular. I used to do the same thing; sign up for a Premium Membership - not because I need it but because I want to help out Everett in keeping this lovely place alive.

I haven't been on here much in the past couple of years, but your post reminded me that I needed to get my star back again, just as a thank you, and to play the smallest of parts in keeping this going.

Today I got my Star back. Thanks Xevin, and thanks Everett.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289807
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Kindness does still exist! Reply with quote

I just saw a news story on this organization of volunteers who finish incomplete projects in the medium of knitting. It would be cool if they branch out to wood metal and obviously vehicles. It would be nice to see people helping others with their projects VW or other.
Pay it forward daily.

https://www.looseendsproject.org/
www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Kindness does still exist! Reply with quote

That would have been great to have found someone who could have knitted me a new cylinder head.
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Kindness does still exist! Reply with quote

Helped some with four kids at the Stop and Shop. 10 year old dead battery. I live 1 mile away so I swapped in my 7 year old one and told her it would get her to , but not through, winter. I jumped her old one and drove to Napa and got a new one.
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Kindness does still exist! Reply with quote

So the shop I use locally just burned down, the day after our area go NAILED w/ flooding. The guy is great w/ Vw's, really helps me w/ all the stuff I can't do, I just picked up my Doka the week before, luckily!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If anyone wants to help, that would be great. I went there the day it happen and gave them some cash, as they have done me a solid many times.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/richard-striker-and-fam...Yiwy9ZsTvo

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
pondoras box
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Kindness does still exist! Reply with quote

I might get roasted for this but here it goes.

Just do nice things then go about your business. No one needs to know about it. Once you share the story it kind of detracts from it. Its not your story to tell at that point. If you were on the receiving side of kindness then yes it’s your story to tell.

1961 23 Window (Bobo)
1965 11 Window (Zelda)
1965 13 Window (Lucas)
1957 Oval ragtop
1988 Cabriolet VR6 conversion
Plus a lot of other rusty junk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
The Sage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Kindness does still exist! Reply with quote

Don't think it has to be small stuff.

I organized a group and we created a 90 bed homeless shelter. I was tired of reading about people freezing to death in my town.

We had to kick out a guy in his 60's who had been on the street for 19 years because of his mental disability, so I helped him get into an adult foster care facility. He's still terrorizing a few people, but he's alive at 73.
Shonandb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Kindness does still exist! Reply with quote

Just like "at the side of the road repairs for ACVW owners" I've helped and been helped in every day life too many times to remember.

I've learned that what goes around, ends up coming back around whether it's positive or negative.

If you see something, act, help, etc, but be extra aware now as you never know what battles the next person is fighting so even small things can make a difference or set someone off and remember that there is a good chance that whatever you are doing is being recorded on someone's phone, dash cam, or security system.
Previous 1973 Panel Bus:
Click to view image
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Kindness does still exist! Reply with quote

I have been on what I call a "Thank You tour" for the past, almost two years. Its amazing what those two simple words can mean to someone.

And it doesn't always have to be for something in the present....it can be for something that happened a long time ago.

Its never to late to say "Thank You".
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: