Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Salvage 914 Value
Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flying Elvis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:11 am    Post subject: Salvage 914 Value Reply with quote

A friend of mine is offering to sell me a 75 1.8 914. The car has been nicely maintained but will need new fuel lines, a few minor missing trim parts and a little bit of bodywork to get it really nice again.
We don't know for sure but we believe the car was salvaged due to some damage on the rear passenger side quarter panel that resulted from a minor accident in the early 2000's.
I am not to familiar with 914 values these days and I see them locally from $5000 to $25000. What do you all think would be a fair offer?
Sorry I have no pics to share.
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Salvage 914 Value Reply with quote

It all depends on RUST. No factory rust protection means if you see a little bit of rust through it will be a whole lot of rust repair once you get into the repair so look the whole car over closely. If you have body repair skills make an offer if you don't WALK AWAY.
don1357
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Salvage 914 Value Reply with quote

Here's my opinion, for what is worth.

A salvage status seems to be a big deal with newer cars. They are expensive, and often you don't know what caused the problem or how shoddy the repairs were until you find the crooked frame or the funky smell of a flooded car.

A 1975 car? Consider it to be a 'salvage' car regardless of what the title may say. The car is far beyond its initial useful life; everything is to be considered questionable unless verified. Salvage or not everything that could be wrong with a modern salvage vehicle (structural problems, bent stuff, etc) will be a concern on a 46 years old car.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: Salvage 914 Value Reply with quote

if it is the original color has the original fuel injection and is not rusted, then ten thousand in todays market, considering it was repaired properly
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 911/912/914 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: