Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wiring harness in Europe
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
chgoyri
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:34 am    Post subject: Wiring harness in Europe Reply with quote

Hi,

I need to buy an wiring harness kit for my 54 Oval.
Any suggestion or recommendation to get it in Europe?

Regards,
Christophe
JPB1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Wiring harness in Europe Reply with quote

VW looms (UK) - http://www.vwlooms.com
chgoyri
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Wiring harness in Europe Reply with quote

JPB1 wrote:
VW looms (UK) - http://www.vwlooms.com

Thank you JPB1 gona email them!
lardawge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Wiring harness in Europe Reply with quote

If you care about the quality and precision of your wire loom, I would steer clear of vwlooms. They claim to be the foremost experts in building harnesses so I ordered a harness from them for a premium. It is pretty far off both in color of wires and the type of material used to wrap the wires.

I reached out to Jon asking about issues I had with the quality and he came back with some nonsense about lawyers and getting back to me in 14 days... which of course he never did.

"We at VW Looms pride ourselves in producing only the best possible product for your vehicle. Quality is paramount. We only source the finest quality materials for your looms from the best industry leading manufacturers and suppliers."

The above is off their website... all rubbish. I have consulted a wire loom manufacturer here in the states who basically said that this harness is junk and is build to save time and money, not for quality.
pastellgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Wiring harness in Europe Reply with quote

you can buy at Raanas:
www.bullisammler.de

Just send them an Email, what car you have (model year) and they will sell you a harness from Wolfsburg West.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lardawge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Wiring harness in Europe Reply with quote

pastellgreen wrote:
you can buy at Raanas:
www.bullisammler.de

Just send them an Email, what car you have (model year) and they will sell you a harness from Wolfsburg West.

I would recommend the Wolfsburg West harness 100x over the vwlooms harness. I went and got eyes on it. Although it is not as clean as the original as far as the sheathing, it is well-built and looks decent.

The biggest drawback with all of the aftermarket harnesses is the sheathing fitment. It is much looser than the original which makes it look cheap where it is visible (under the hood). Wolfsburg west does a better job than most. I have not seen a Wiring Works harness for comparison.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: