Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Curtains for a tin top
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldskewlsk8ter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Curtains for a tin top Reply with quote

thebaz67 wrote:
I saw this on youtube and I thought it looked quite well done...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW56PShEu00

Those are the ones I posted about earlier in this thread, and just finished installing in my van.
Robw_z
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Curtains for a tin top Reply with quote

oldskewlsk8ter wrote:
thebaz67 wrote:
I saw this on youtube and I thought it looked quite well done...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW56PShEu00

Those are the ones I posted about earlier in this thread, and just finished installing in my van.

Pictures please!

-Rob
kguarnotta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Curtains for a tin top Reply with quote

I just watched that video - that curtain set looks fantastic.

I might need to splurge on those...also need to decide on color...also - does anyone in the US carry these? The shipping is $80 from the UK

https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/us/lc4221-curtain-set-5-piece-in-dark-grey.html

'86 Triple Knob Syncro w/EJ22
'78 Westy
'69 Single Cab
'65 Kombi - EZ-Camper
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DuncanS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Curtains for a tin top Reply with quote

Just found this.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
From this company: https://www.recmar.com/3108-plastic-curtain-track.html

Seems if the flange were cut off the track its self would measure about 3/8' square. It's flexible and so can be bent to the corners of the windows and comes in four colors including grey. They also have the slides and end stops. So all one would need then is to sew up some curtain material of their choice. This will be a serious amount less expensive than importing the system mentioned above.
kguarnotta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Curtains for a tin top Reply with quote

looks like a good option - except I think I'd be futzing with figuring out ordering the correct pieces for a month - then getting the wrong ones...plus I'd need to sew up some curtains, get the snaps....etc. etc. Shipping from that place is around $45 - because the pieces are 8' long.

I don't think the price is unreasonable, nor the shipping cost, I was just hoping someone was distributing them in the US.

'78 Westy
'69 Single Cab
'65 Kombi - EZ-Camper
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DuncanS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Curtains for a tin top Reply with quote

Kevin, come on over and we can fix up your curtains in no time. Measure the window lengths needed and order them a couple inches too long. My table saw will cut off the flange and get them to the right length. I have many sewing machines. The whole job including curtains of the fabric you really want is not more than a two day job. Even if you contract the sewing out, it won't be expensive.

Duncan
oldskewlsk8ter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Curtains for a tin top Reply with quote

kguarnotta wrote:
……The shipping is $80 from the UK

https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/us/lc4221-curtain-set-5-piece-in-dark-grey.html

Maybe I lucked out but I paid no shipping charges. It would be worth it to reach out to them and ask.
Schnippzle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Curtains for a tin top Reply with quote

UK-based, but these are good (seen them in person) and will be getting them for our van: https://www.combevalleycampers.co.uk/product-page/vw-t3-5-piece-curtain-set
kiltedhiker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Curtains for a tin top Reply with quote

Website says free shipping if purchase total over $300. Curtain set $299. add something else to get free shipping
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Schnippzle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Curtains for a tin top Reply with quote

kguarnotta wrote:
I just watched that video - that curtain set looks fantastic.

I might need to splurge on those...also need to decide on color...also - does anyone in the US carry these? The shipping is $80 from the UK

Done the UK -> USD conversion. The UK price of those is £266.95, which equates to about $370!
kiltedhiker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Curtains for a tin top Reply with quote

I was going off this listing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kguarnotta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Curtains for a tin top Reply with quote

I should have moved faster - those heritage curtains appear to be out of stock now...

'78 Westy
'69 Single Cab
'65 Kombi - EZ-Camper
Schuylersister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Curtains for a tin top Reply with quote

Hello- If any of you have received and installed the new system from Heritage please review and post pics if possible. They are out of stock and it’s a new system so there are a lot of unknowns. Thanks for any information.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: