Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

end of summer Columbia gorge free camp out
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vegpedlr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: end of summer Columbia gorge free camp out Reply with quote

Lets do this.Id love to do a small group camp out before the weather turns cold and wet. That’s also an area I’d like to explore a bit.
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: end of summer Columbia gorge free camp out Reply with quote

vegpedlr wrote:
Lets do this.Id love to do a small group camp out before the weather turns cold and wet. That’s also an area I’d like to explore a bit.

We are in. Blowing of a VW cruise to Octoberfest with the Bros Saturday. Let’s make this happen. Will be nice to get out in the woods. What exact location was decided?

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
vino de vano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: end of summer Columbia gorge free camp out Reply with quote

When I get there on Friday I'll put a orange traffic cone out by the entrance from hwy 36. See you there. Mark
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: end of summer Columbia gorge free camp out Reply with quote

vino de vano wrote:
When I get there on Friday I'll put a orange traffic cone out by the entrance from hwy 36. See you there. Mark

Are you talking about hwy 35 near Mt Hood Meadows?

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
vino de vano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: end of summer Columbia gorge free camp out Reply with quote

Yes that is correct, it seems the best choice. The turn off is the second dirt road to the right, south of Nottingham camp ground. lets hope for good weather.
vegpedlr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: end of summer Columbia gorge free camp out Reply with quote

Yay!

I’ll inform a couple folks. VW folk, I love my #vanlifers, but sometimes it needs to be Dubs Only.

Volkslife!
vino de vano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: end of summer Columbia gorge free camp out Reply with quote

After an incredibly hot and dry summer it looks to be ending. Unfortunately it looks like next weekend, 60% chance of rain both Friday and Saturday. I know camping in the rain can be fun, and I am still willing to go if others are still interested. I apologize to any one who changed there plans so they could attend. Chime in if you still want to do it rain or shine. I do have my awning on my van and we could have a nice campfire. So what do you think? Mark
vino de vano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: end of summer Columbia gorge free camp out Reply with quote

Just checked the Mount Hood forestry site and it states no fires allowed tell Oct first. Not even propane. Crying or Very sad
vegpedlr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: end of summer Columbia gorge free camp out Reply with quote

Let’s keep an eye on that weather, still a bit far out to predict. I don’t have my awning on now, but I can put it on. Camping in the rain can be fun, though a fire makes it more so. Shots of Fireball to stay warm?

Let’s not give up just yet.
vino de vano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: end of summer Columbia gorge free camp out Reply with quote

Well it looks like the rain is here as of this evening. Up to one and a half inches so camping is out. lets try this again earlier next year, maybe a spring camp. Lets all keep our eyes open for other good group camp sites free or not. hope we can all meet up next year. Thanks again for all your interest. Mark
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: