Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

4 Post Garage Lift Question
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
quantumchaos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject: 4 Post Garage Lift Question Reply with quote

Hello All,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a 4 post garage lift delivered? I have a 1300 square foot garage with 12 foot ceilings that I want to add one too.

Thanks
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 Post Garage Lift Question Reply with quote

I have 2 from what used to be Greg Smith Tool in Delaware. They still sell, but only online. Their Atlas lifts work perfect for what I use them for - mostly storage. But they do have their advantages for servicing. Depending on what you're actually working on, 12' may not be enough.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 Post Garage Lift Question Reply with quote

How thick is your slab?

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: 4 Post Garage Lift Question Reply with quote

TDCTDI wrote:
How thick is your slab?

Again as asked before......How thick is your slab? And this means EVERYTHING. How much weight you can pull up, and how much weight you can sit on the slab.
Most newer houses (past 30 years are only 3 1/2inch slabs) not nearly enough, regardless of what they say.
quantumchaos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: 4 Post Garage Lift Question Reply with quote

It is 8 inches or more, I have parked a one tom van on it for years. I was looking at the lift below:

https://directlift.com/product/pro-park-8s/
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 Post Garage Lift Question Reply with quote

quantumchaos wrote:
It is 8 inches or more, I have parked a one tom van on it for years. I was looking at the lift below:

https://directlift.com/product/pro-park-8s/

you are good to go if it is at least 3500 lb....you probably dont know that as it was poored before you got there.........but 8 inches or more...you are a lucky dude!
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 Post Garage Lift Question Reply with quote

Drill a hole where one of the bolts would go. You will then know how thick the slab is where you want to mount your lift. Report back.
BugCaster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 Post Garage Lift Question Reply with quote

I have the Direct Lift but got the bigger one, I think 12,000 or more lbs. for other reasons than my VW. Turns out I didn't need it that powerful.
A 9,000 or so lift would have been fine. I have been happy with the Direct. I also have two rolling jacks. If you can afford one or two it really makes work easy
quantumchaos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 Post Garage Lift Question Reply with quote

BugCaster wrote:
I have the Direct Lift but got the bigger one, I think 12,000 or more lbs. for other reasons than my VW. Turns out I didn't need it that powerful.
A 9,000 or so lift would have been fine. I have been happy with the Direct. I also have two rolling jacks. If you can afford one or two it really makes work easy

Thanks, did they deliver and install it for you, I am having a tough time finding a company to even deliver it so far.
BugCaster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: 4 Post Garage Lift Question Reply with quote

Delivery was by freight common carrier. But the pieces are heavy and you are responsible for unloading. The runways are too long to turn in the trailer so couldn't use their pallet jack or lift gate. I have a flat bed trailer and a smaller tractor so I went to the trucking terminal and had them load it on my trailer. Then at home we broke down the packaging and removed once piece at a time with my tractor and forks.
Your best bet is to do what I did with a huge piece of woodworking machinery and that is have them hold it at the terminal and hire a roll back wrecker.
They loaded it at the terminal and at home we then slid it off at the shop. The local towing service here was used to doing that sort of thing.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: