Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Tom N. - [email protected] - Tom Newpher
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Tom N.
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
stevo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject: Tom N. - [email protected] - Tom Newpher Reply with quote

A real bad, piss-poor example of thesamba.com experience

Two months ago, in mid-July I replied to an ad for a split bus steering wheel Newpher placed on the site. I looked over the photographs and agreed to send him money for the item plus shipping. UPS delivered the item in about 7-10 days. I picked it up off my front porch and carried the package ten feet to a table. In that time I sensed there was little to no packaging. I could feel and hear the item shifting even though the item was sent in a barely fitting custom cut 20x19" cardboard box. By barely fitting I mean the diameter of the wheel was slightly less than the length and width of his box.

I cut the tape and realized my hunch. This wheel was cracked and badly chipped largely because Newpher chose mediocre shipping materials like a dozen thin padded envelopes taped around the perimeter, and thin tissue paper as a basis for a cushion for nationwide delivery. Cheap, lazy. There was four inches of practically nothing between the wheel and top of the box.

This guy asks me to initiate a claim. I write that UPS prefers the seller initiate claims; it is stated on their website. He requests photos and more photos and more info and I send it within minutes. The last photos sent were on Aug 14th. Then I write a couple times that he's going get refunded or not by UPS at some point - and it is irrelevant to me getting a refund on PayPal. My thinking is suck lousy packaging doesn't deserve a claim. But you know what? UPS sent him money, the whole amount on Aug 19th. Meanwhile I initiate a resolution and dispute with PayPal.

PayPal tells me I'm not getting paid. Newpher convinced PayPal that I shook the item and broke it. When I told them he was paid a claim by UPS they turned around and offered me full resolution under one condition: that I return the item. $65-70 dollars are the estimates. This kid not only was paid by me as well as UPS, he now expects me to pay return shipping for this cracked, broken, fucked up piece of shit packed in such a lazy, careless method that would make anyone who appreciated vw's skeptical. So don't do business with this kid.

What is ironic? Newpher's Facebook banner reads, "Everyone wants to be accepted. Except for Tom. Tom doesn't give a shit.", as he's flying upward using helium balloons while giving the middle finger to perplexed looking group of other little children. That's Tom Newpher. Just does not give a shit. He had no intention of refunding - just was going to keep the claim and my payment all to his little self. Made it seem like I broke the wheel. A bad character with bad attitude. Avoid this seller.

I asked Newpher if he'll send a UPS return label via email as suggested by UPS. Not holding my breath.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: