Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Leora - [email protected] - Leora LaBuof
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Leora
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: July 06, 2021
Peter D.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject: Leora - [email protected] - Leora LaBuof Reply with quote

Unfortunately I cannot recommend this seller. The Short Version: I sent the money and never received my item or a refund.

Here's the long version: I mailed USPS Money order to the address as Leora would not accept PayPal or Venmo. After two weeks the seller finally acknowledge receipt of the money order. Did it really take a month? I suppose it's possible given the state of our postal system so let's give the benefit of doubt.

I actually paid $25 over asking price to compensate for the hassle of packing a Ghia decklid, which is a bulky item. And our agreement was I was going to send prepaid postage once it was wrapped and weighed. But another month passes and the seller has not cashed the check or contacted me about shipping. I texted and politely asked to either send the item or refund my money. Leora agrees to refund me and apologizes. Says shipping was too difficult and they should never have offered it.

Fair enough, sometimes life gets in the way or things just don't work out. I patiently wait two weeks, humming Please Mr. Postman to myself, but no check shows up. I text again and politely asked if it was sent. This time I didn't receive any response. Ghosted!

Fortunately for me, Leora never cashed my money order. I took the receipt and filed for a lost money order at the post office. The fee for a replacement check was nine dollars. Add to that the cost of purchasing the money order in the first place plus two trips to the post office.

So from purchasing the money order in July to receiving my check today, September 13th, the whole ordeal lasted nine weeks.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: