Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vanagon fridge parts
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeadOutOnTheHighway
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:05 pm    Post subject: Vanagon fridge parts Reply with quote

Greetings, all...
I am looking for the bars that go on the inside of a 1984 Westy fridge door. You know, the ones that would hold your eggs up top or beer cans below. If any of you know what they are called or where I could get some, that would be awesome!!

Thanks, crew?!
Mike
1984 Westy "VanGogh"
2003 Beetle
DLJ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon fridge parts Reply with quote

I have them. Just PM me.
seabisquit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon fridge parts Reply with quote

so, thinking of pulling my fridge out of my 86 vanagon and doing the cabinet thing. What does one do with the fridge once it's out? Is it better to keep it for the day, (God forbid) you want to sell the van and can include all the original parts? or part with it somehow?
Thanks
S
PDXWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagon fridge parts Reply with quote

Original fridges are marginal at best even when they were new. Offer it up for free or for parts and see if you have any takers. I doubt the next owner would want to try to reinstall it. My 2c.
Andymon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon fridge parts Reply with quote

seabisquit wrote:
so, thinking of pulling my fridge out of my 86 vanagon and doing the cabinet thing. What does one do with the fridge once it's out? Is it better to keep it for the day, (God forbid) you want to sell the van and can include all the original parts? or part with it somehow?
Thanks
S

I pulled ours out and jusy gave everything to my local VW shop. I kept the door of course and got the GW fridge delete kit.
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon fridge parts Reply with quote

The original can work fine. It really depends on the conditions you are camping in. From what I've experienced, it works good enough if your ambient temps are ~70F or lower. I've read the cooling power can only keep the inside of the fridge roughly 30 degrees below ambient. Thus, for some folks stock fridges are workable, and perhaps desirable. I've got 2 Westys, and somehow, I have 3 stock fridges. I'm not proud of that second part though.
DanHoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagon fridge parts Reply with quote

seabisquit wrote:
Thanks
S

if you part yours out, i'd like to buy the burner pan, glass window, jet assembly! actually, wouldn't mind the whole thing! i'm one of those Luddites that LIKES the fridge!

'87 Westy & '89 Westy both 2.1 4spd

Past projects can be found at--
www.thefixitworkshop.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: