Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Road and Track Oct/Nov 2021 Class 11
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt Wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject: Road and Track Oct/Nov 2021 Class 11 Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Little write-up on Class 11 racing. That car looks familiar...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GreeneHoosier
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Road and Track Oct/Nov 2021 Class 11 Reply with quote

I would love to have a poster of that!
Thanks
Matt Wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Road and Track Oct/Nov 2021 Class 11 Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for my copy to come in the mail. Gotta add it to the scrap book Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
winddude
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Road and Track Oct/Nov 2021 Class 11 Reply with quote

I didn't know they still printed, looks like a cool article for anyone dreaming about doing the 1000 in a class 11. I'll have to look for a copy.
Black Ops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Road and Track Oct/Nov 2021 Class 11 Reply with quote

NOT...a ":legal" CLASS 11 car here in the US OR in Mexico !!
dustymojave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Road and Track Oct/Nov 2021 Class 11 Reply with quote

Black Ops wrote:
NOT...a ":legal" CLASS 11 car here in the US OR in Mexico !!

As a Tech Inspector for many decades, I'm not arguing, but I don't have the magazine and many others on here don't either, so tell us and share the magazine images or text to tell us what is not Class 11 legal as shown in the magazine article.

(PS...to share those pics or text in order to discuss is NOT a copyright infringement.)
Retired from building Bajas, Fiberglass Buggies and Rails in the Mojave Desert. Also Sprints & Midgets, Dry Lakes, Road Race cars. All types New and Vintage
SoCalBajas Member
Kicked Cancer's A$$...1st and 2nd round...Fight ain't over yet.
Matt Wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Road and Track Oct/Nov 2021 Class 11 Reply with quote

You could probably look at almost any Class 11 car and someone would complain about what is 'legal' or not based on the subjective rule book verbiage at the time the vehicle was constructed. The vehicle in question raced SCORE, BITD ("class 47"), and VORRA. The vehicle was built with rulebook in-hand and many emails, calls and on-site inspections in order to race safely, follow the rules, and in good sportsmanship. It passed pre-race inspections every time. In fact, I'd say the car was built a bit more conservatively than other Class 11's.

With recent additions to the SCORE rulebook, these vehicles are able to run 4-wheel disc brakes, aftermarket wheels, single 2bbl IDF carburetor, cut rear decklid, etc. The vehicle in question still runs drum brakes, doesn't cut the decklid, old 4.5" steel wheels, and in Baja 1000 2017 used 1bbl Solex carburetor. The vehicle also completed every single checkpoint in that race (even though technical DNF due to time), whereas other vehicles in class 11 did not. I personally would rather DNF than be standing on a podium knowingly cheated, or knowingly built a vehicle that was outside the rulebook.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: