Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wire Route
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgsaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject: Wire Route Reply with quote

On both side of my bus frame there is a hollow "beam" that serves as the out side rail of the frame.

On the passenger side I see where the wire harness leaves a hole in the end of
of the side rail and continues back to the starter, engine and lights. On the driver side the end of the rails is sealed. This is located just behind the front seats.

Does anyone know: If you cut a hole in the end can wire be fished up into the cab in a similar route to the wire harness on the passenger side.

I want to run wires to the under dash but don't want to drill holes in the floor.

Has anyone used the route described above? Thanks all!

dgsaz
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Wire Route Reply with quote

This is where wires enter the cab on my DC, on right. You could run wires up near the fuse box using existing holes. Assuming bus same as DC. Hope this helps. You may be going the opposite direction, needing access in back. ??
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Wire Route Reply with quote

If the wires interact with the clutch cable things may get interesting.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: Wire Route Reply with quote

There's enough room on the right side to run an additional harness/loom. I managed to fit two additional ones on that side.

One I ran a few years ago with a few wires in pvc sheathing. This summer I ran a length of round seven-core multicore cable. I wish I'd run that stuff in the first place - it was much easier to pull through.

The existing harness actually makes it a little easier to run a pull-through through the box sections at the front and rear. You can guide a 'fishing rod' type pull-through on top of the harness which helps stop it snagging.

Either way you'll need an extra hole in the bottom of the front valance though. There isn't enough room in the existing holes for extra wires.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: