Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

dashboard duct - 2pc?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jb20thae
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject: dashboard duct - 2pc? Reply with quote

I'm having trouble finding this duct in the ETKA catalog. Does anyone know whether the duct in front of the shifter is a single piece or if the part circled here is removable?:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
9.5isCanadian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: dashboard duct - 2pc? Reply with quote

Yes, it is a single unit and was very challenging to get off of mine.
There are pull recesses on the left and right sides. I had to press these areas inwards to release the catches and then pull forward.

Good luck.
Owen

1987 Getaway Hightop
1980 Sunroof Vanagon
2018 BMW R Nine T
2012 Golf tdi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: dashboard duct - 2pc? Reply with quote

The part you have circled is just the cutout for the automatic transmission console.

The entire piece is pretty fragile but it can take a fair amount of force to pop it loose, so most of these I have seen seem to be damaged.
SyncroHead Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: dashboard duct - 2pc? Reply with quote

The entire piece is ONE unit an it pulls STRAIGHT back to remove. You have to pull bit harder than you might think, but not so hard that you break it! Shocked

Remove the glovebox to get decent access.
STRAIGHTNESS is important - if you get one side ahead of the other, it binds.
The top of this piece has a tendency to catch on the bottom of the metal dash, so you might need to pry down slightly until it passes the edge of the dash. After it's out once, put a little silicone spray in the groves to make next time easier.

Jim Davis

Check out:
www.VANAVATION.com
www.SyncroSafari.org and
www.Vanagons.org

sphet wrote:
I have *no* idea what the previous owner carried in his Westy... angry donkeys?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: