Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Door Panel Clips and Rubber Boots (with pictures)
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClassicCamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject: Door Panel Clips and Rubber Boots (with pictures) Reply with quote

Been reading through the various posts about 412 panel cups and cups. The gist was that the rubber cups were the hardest of the two to find.

To that end, does anyone have a recommendation as to where I can find both of these products?

As you can see, the clips are clearly for a beetle or bus, not even close in fit for T4:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

You can see how they just fall out of the holes:

These are the clips I need, I just cant find them; a link would be really helpful

Thanks in advance.

-Ron
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Panel Clips and Rubber Boots (with pictures) Reply with quote

Let me dig in my small parts box. How many do you need? The rubber boots I cannot hep with....yet....but the clips....I harvested quite a few over the years. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ClassicCamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Panel Clips and Rubber Boots (with pictures) Reply with quote

Ray,

Thanks for jumping in. I counted up and I need 70 to complete all of the panels.

Let me know if you have that many, I really appreciate it! This is exciting.

-Ron

Last edited by ClassicCamper on Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pepperbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Panel Clips and Rubber Boots (with pictures) Reply with quote

Yeah, I’m looking for the rubber boots also. Have not found any yet.

Bill
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Door Panel Clips and Rubber Boots (with pictures) Reply with quote

I will be looking at the boots as well. I have a few in the same repository that,are from the salvage yard. Ray
ClassicCamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Door Panel Clips and Rubber Boots (with pictures) Reply with quote

Thanks a million, Ray. Looking forward to finally having door pamels on the car!
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Panel Clips and Rubber Boots (with pictures) Reply with quote

ClassicCamper wrote:
Thanks a million, Ray. Looking forward to finally having door pamels on the car!

I have 96 of them and only need about 7 or 8 per side on my rear seat cards (I have a two door sedan). All of my front door cards have their clips in place.

Check to see how many you need. The front doors on a wagon should be 23 each...call it 46. The rear seat door cars I am not sure but the wagon has longer cards and its something like 12 each....that should be right at 70?

I probably have a few more here and there in other parts buckets. I will check as I get time.

The seals....really they are "mostly" seals. But they do take up a little space on the steel clips. I could probably mold something. It would have to be urethane because the outer flange is too thin for silicone to not tear easily.

They would not look 100% just like stock....but would function perfectly and never bee seen from the outside.

Ray
ClassicCamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Panel Clips and Rubber Boots (with pictures) Reply with quote

Quote:

I have 96 of them and only need about 7 or 8 per side on my rear seat cards (I have a two door sedan). All of my front door cards have their clips in place.

Check to see how many you need. The front doors on a wagon should be 23 each...call it 46. The rear seat door cars I am not sure but the wagon has longer cards and its something like 12 each....that should be right at 70?

You are exactly right, I need 70 to cover the front cards, rear cards, plus the inside hatch back cover.

This is really helpful Ray, Thanks again
Pepperbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Door Panel Clips and Rubber Boots (with pictures) Reply with quote

raygreenwood wrote:
I will be looking at the boots as well. I have a few in the same repository that,are from the salvage yard. Ray

Ray,

Were you able to dig up any rubber boots also? I need about 20 of them.

Bill
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: