Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Shop/Repair manual for $30
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject: Shop/Repair manual for $30 Reply with quote

The Motorbook Store in Richardson Texas north of Dallas has shop manuals in stock from Brooklands for $28.95 for the five cylinder or $33.95 for the VR6 powered Eurovan’s. I’ve been waiting three or four months for them to re-stock the five cylinder book and it finally came in yesterday. I’ve ordered both books since I have an in-line five and a VR6 Eurovan and have to pull the cylinder head from the five cylinder shortly. I’ll give a brief review when I receive the repair manuals

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Shop/Repair manual for $30 Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing this out! Looking forward to your review as well. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Shop/Repair manual for $30 Reply with quote

Brian, I’m not sure that book covers your 2.8 liter VR6
bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Shop/Repair manual for $30 Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Brian, I’m not sure that book covers your 2.8 liter VR6

Remarkably the two manuals have already arrived literally 24 hours after they were ordered. That said the seller was only about 300 miles away and it was shipped by priority USPS, but I was still impressed that it got here today after being orfered yesterday. Stephen, you are correct sir it turns out the VR six is not covered in the 1996 on book. These appear to be perhaps printed for the European versions of the Eurovan. That said I’m hoping that the information in the 90 to 95 petrol and diesel models applies to my five cylinder cylinder head removal task I have upcoming. Hoping the torque numbers are correct . Thinking I may keep the manual for my 2003 even though it does not cover my engine as a general reference manual unless those of you and you know thank my 1990 to 1995 manual will give me essentially that same information for things like suspension and brakes and electrics.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GenXer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Shop/Repair manual for $30 Reply with quote

They must have gone quickly. I just looked and the only two they had were the repair manual set for $179 and the scan tool companion for $14.95.

EDIT:

Okay, scratch that. It was there. You have to search under T4 and not Eurovan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GenXer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Shop/Repair manual for $30 Reply with quote

I went ahead and ordered one for my 1993. I figure there should be enough info in there to make it worth the $30 purchase.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
postjosh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Shop/Repair manual for $30 Reply with quote

i've had it for awhile form my '93 w/ 5 cylinder aaf. it's helpful but far from complete.
volkybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Shop/Repair manual for $30 Reply with quote

I have book one of the Bentley.. I also have both the Bentley and the Haynes & the Idiot Book for my Bay. My point is,each one is different and useful for when wOrkin on my Bay but with my EV I only have the Bentley option and it's hard to understand for the average Joe or Jane. Sooo complete is not all it chocked up to be.. I really often need a lite version. Bill in PR & thanks for the info. Good luck
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Shop/Repair manual for $30 Reply with quote

All data for the T4 is $7 a year/ 5 years and is always on your phone.

For me, that’s better than a hard copy manual
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Shop/Repair manual for $30 Reply with quote

I just checked their site and the cheapest repair product they sell is $39/month

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: