Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Yay or Nay Sewfine upholstery.
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject: Yay or Nay Sewfine upholstery. Reply with quote

Who has experience with purchase and self installation? Any input is welcome.
Thanks

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
René R.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Yay or Nay Sewfine upolstery. Reply with quote

I can speak to the excellent quality and customer service, but not the installation -- I handed that over to a professional.
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Yay or Nay Sewfine upolstery. Reply with quote

Thx...

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Yay or Nay Sewfine upolstery. Reply with quote

Excellent product, great customer service. What ever you order, is made exactly for you. They are extremely busy, but will walk you through your choices on the phone AND send you samples (at no charge).
The product they make is sewn in the USA...not drop shipped from someone else. It's one of the best out there.
I just installed my LAST Wofsburg West headliner today. I WILL not order another one from them. Stained material right out of the box...frustrating.
Don't hesitate for one minute ordering from Sew Fine. You'll be happy you did!! They are pretty backed up right now, so be prepared for a longer lead time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Yay or Nay Sewfine upolstery. Reply with quote

Moto great info. Thank you for it.

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Yay or Nay Sewfine upolstery. Reply with quote

Great stuff, especially if you're doing a custom.

However, my vinyl sunroof cover did not fit. It was an inch too short. Even with all the adjustment taken out of it it's still stretched too tight.

Heinz Nordhoff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Yay or Nay Sewfine upolstery. Reply with quote

I've installed two sewfine ragtops, one headliner, and two sets of seat covers. They are much better fitting, and better made than the TMI equivalent.
SD
Fetz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Yay or Nay Sewfine upolstery. Reply with quote

I ordered seat upholstery, excellent quality and customer service as others have stated. Installed myself using the original style seat padding from WW. I think the key is to take your time, but it’s fairly simple.
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Yay or Nay Sewfine upolstery. Reply with quote

Thanks for all the post, I feel comfortable about my choice.
Thomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Yay or Nay Sewfine upolstery. Reply with quote

Do any of the folks that replied, please post pictures of your upolstery from Sewfine.
Thank you.
Tomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Yay or Nay Sewfine upolstery. Reply with quote

it also very much depends on what you order. you are in the oval section so I assume you are looking at their top of the line correct vintage stuff - it's excellent for mid 50's cars. for say a 1967 - they do not offer anything correct, so you are stuck with TMI or a local shop
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Yay or Nay Sewfine upolstery. Reply with quote

Erik, yes your correct...55 ragtop...was strato silver, im changing colors..something earlier but the color just drew me to it...
Tomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
w2vy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Yay or Nay Sewfine upolstery. Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
for say a 1967 - they do not offer anything correct, so you are stuck with TMI or a local shop

What is incorrect? Colors, style or fit?
Something else?

I was just looking at them for my '67
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Yay or Nay Sewfine upolstery. Reply with quote

Lets stick to the yay or nay, not whats right or wrong. Thanks
Just checked out the gallery for " sewfine" plenty of pics.
Tomas

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Yay or Nay Sewfine upolstery. Reply with quote

René R. wrote:
I can speak to the excellent quality and customer service, but not the installation -- I handed that over to a professional.

We bought a Sewfine headliner in thesamba classifieds, for our '55 - was the quality, of the original VW -- no need, for a professional...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: Yay or Nay Sewfine upolstery. Reply with quote

Has anyone had any recent experiences with Sewfine seat cover seams pulling apart at the opening ends? I had just received new covers for '56 frames and the seams for the bottoms ripped out immediately. Also, the seat backs seem to be too short to be pushed into the tacking bar along bottom. I have contacted Sewfine but, just curious if anyone has experiences any current quality issues since it took over 12weeks to receive the covers and I am still awaiting door panels.
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Yay or Nay Sewfine upolstery. Reply with quote

When I contacted them initially, their comment was that they were backed up
Due “Covid” dilemma. And that they were working hard and fast.,.I found them very professional with being forthright with all their responses, and even understanding with a cancellation. No hassle refund.
The product I received was great and went together with ease and simplicity, the color and fit was perfect. I will include a pic.

My boss use to say “ a lack of planning by you, doesn’t constitute an emergency on my behalf “
Boss

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Yay or Nay Sewfine upolstery. Reply with quote

aa390392 wrote:
When I contacted them initially, their comment was that they were backed up
Due “Covid” dilemma. And that they were working hard and fast.,.I found them very professional with being forthright with all their responses, and even understanding with a cancellation. No hassle refund.
The product I received was great and went together with ease and simplicity, the color and fit was perfect. I will include a pic.

My boss use to say “ a lack of planning by you, doesn’t constitute an emergency on my behalf “
Boss

I concur. The timeframe for delivery was not an issue and is what I agreed with especially as it decided to snow yet again this morning. Rolling Eyes
Also, Carol from Sewfine was very understanding during our conversation with the issue of seams. The driver seat cushion was not an issue going on and looks great.

The passenger seat not so much. I just need to remove and Sewfine will repair. The seat backs are not going on smoothly but the issue may in using WBW coconut seat pads. They don't seem to fit very tight to the frames and 1 side edge is in fact longer compared to the opposite side needing to be trimmed. I allieviate this and order the Sewfine pads instead.
w2vy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Yay or Nay Sewfine upolstery. Reply with quote

Sounds like the correct name for this thread should be Yaya and Yayŕ

Good support is hard to find

Looks like Sewfine knows what Customer Support means

Tom
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Yay or Nay Sewfine upolstery. Reply with quote

Thought id share my recent purchase from sewfine, my OG car still had OG material, but the thread was breaking. So I selected this, total satisfaction in all categories.

Hope it helps

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: