Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New Ghia owner
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dagovee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject: New Ghia owner Reply with quote

Hello everyone! Ever since I was young, I’ve been enamored by my uncles blue 1972 Ghia coupe. It was just the perfect looking car with those hips, nose, and VW lineage. Sadly, he contracted COVID back in April and we lost a beloved family member and a brilliant motorhead. I had the opportunity to pick up this car from his estate and decided to do it. It’s got a pretty straight body. At this point I know it needs at least one pan and the battery tray repaired. I’d say it’s 90% there and mostly disassembled as he planned to restore it one day. Through all of my research, this place seems to be an invaluable resource when it comes to VW’s so just dropping by to say hi, nice to meet ya and looking forward to getting this beauty back on the road!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: New Ghia owner Reply with quote

Nice back story. Do not let the resurrection over whelm you. Tackle one item or system at a time...Lots of photos on write up.
The wheels will poslish up.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: New Ghia owner Reply with quote

Nice, sounds like you will do it justice. GHias will be the next wave of VW love and this is one of the few cases where investing may make monetary sense, even though that's not why you are doing it. So do it right, and you'll have no regrets.

Realize that "90% there" really means about 50%.

Try posting in the Ghia forum, where help will be more focused on your car:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewforum.php?f=7
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: New Ghia owner Reply with quote

dagovee,
Welcome to the samba. ^^^These two seem to have lost their manners! Very Happy

Sorry to read that you lost your uncle to the sickness. We have been fortunate in our family. Not to have lost anyone to date.

I have a soft spot for Ghia's. I have been checking the sale prices lately, and they are indeed going up.
As stated, I'm sure that you have no intention of selling the car at this time.

The samba is likely the most active VW community on the internet. So this is a good resource of information, to help ya along with your project.

Enjoy the build and post many pics of your progress. We can't read worth a damn here. But many love pics.

Good Luck.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: New Ghia owner Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss. I am a ghia owner for almost 1 year now. Pop your head into the Ghia section of the forums. Lots of people with tons of knowledge in there that will help you along. Make sure to use the search feature too on here. Best of Luck!
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: