Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vintage Speed Inox Upright Breather 25/36 HP
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
oceanaute
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject: Vintage Speed Inox Upright Breather 25/36 HP Reply with quote

Hi guys, I can't find any feedback on this: Vintage Speed Inox Upright Breather 25/36 HP.

I did put a baffle from WWest under the generator(+gasket of course) and an open top oil can catcher under the car where the vent tube ends, but still getting leaks underneath the generator.

Now, how much help will be this pricy breather?

https://store.vintagespeed.com.tw/25HP-&-36HP-...p132907604

Will check piston compression this winter..the issue might be from there. tks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Speed Inox Upright Breather 25/36 HP Reply with quote

I have a fresh build 1397 and installed one. So far, no oil leaks. When I was mocking up my engine before installation I noticed that the generator gasket had shifted somehow. Any way you can check to make sure yours didn't? Also, regarding the WW baffle... when filling the crankcase I found that I have to pour very slowly otherwise theres all kinds of overflow out the draft tube.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
oceanaute
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Speed Inox Upright Breather 25/36 HP Reply with quote

I used permatex ultra black, everywhere on the edge of the stand before I did put a new gasket and generator. It did last about 1500km without any oil drop from there. If I go to the highway at 65-70 M/hr for one hour or more, I am always expecting to see an oil line coming down from the generator gasket. Now, I had this idea about CNC the tunel under the generator and to put a grooved plug with an o-ring.. that should be a permanent fix to this issue.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

anyone got their head to something similar? tks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: