Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Original 1956 Oval Window Value
Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MIKE80
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject: Original 1956 Oval Window Value Reply with quote

Barn find... This 1956 has been sitting stored in a garage since 1972. Looks original and just a very solid car underneath. No rot. We got it running and driving. It was my father's car and been stored in the garage as long as I can remember. I'm looking at selling it and could use help figuring out how much it's worth?

Link
a57oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Original 1956 Oval Window Value Reply with quote

Mike80,
Spend some time in the classifieds to see what a similar condition car is going for.
In order to get a more accurate idea of value you should also submit lots of pictures of the car so we can see what the condition of it is.
Peter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MIKE80
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Original 1956 Oval Window Value Reply with quote

a57oval wrote:
Mike80,
Spend some time in the classifieds to see what a similar condition car is going for.
In order to get a more accurate idea of value you should also submit lots of pictures of the car so we can see what the condition of it is.
Peter

Peter,
Thanks for the response. Here's a link to more photos. I don't know much about them, so any help would be appreciated.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/evq6EcwVb69pH9mu6
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Original 1956 Oval Window Value Reply with quote

from the numbers it looks like the engine is a 1960 replacement. car is a very nice, solid and complete example and could be a patina car or candidate for full resto. if you have lots of history/paperwork that can add some value too. as well as this being a solid car on the eastern side of the us.
remember that advertised price isn't always the actual selling price... Wink

maybe have a chat with randy carlson at oldbug.com

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
MIKE80
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Original 1956 Oval Window Value Reply with quote

Thanks. Yeah, I was wondering about the engine. No documents of history on it. They were probably thrown out over the years. My Father bought it local, for sale in a gas station lot back in 1966 for something like $200. It was driven until 1972 when the brakes started leaking and parked in our garage. I remember my Aunt driving me in it when I was like 3 years old.
FritzCP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Original 1956 Oval Window Value Reply with quote

Id price it at 9k

solid running driving Ovals are not growing on trees... especially in the Midwest/ East Coast. That car has very good bones and for someone wanting to restore one - light years ahead of starting with a rusty POS. Would also make a good driver as is, just cleaned up and sympathetically renewed with correct OG parts.

very cool story, and no doubt the person who buys this will appreciate the history and the great OG condition of this early car. Thanks for sharing.
Fritz 70 - 6306 Bearing Puller
Fritz 44 - Dizzy Puller
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Oval-Window - 1953-57 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: