Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Should I send my new Scanguage II in for EV update?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject: Should I send my new Scanguage II in for EV update? Reply with quote

I bought a new Scanguage II for my 2003 MV. Should I send it in to the manufacturer ( Linear Logic) for the Volkswagen Eurovan and Rialta software update? What does the update do?

It’s a free update; I just pay the shipping to them.

Brian in Austin.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
streamr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Should I send my new Scanguage II in for EV update? Reply with quote

How did you find out about the update? I have one and haven’t heard anything. I guess I would call them for more info.
streamr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Should I send my new Scanguage II in for EV update? Reply with quote

I just contacted them, here is what they said:

We do have a special version for the Eurovan. The standard water temperature listed as fWT or cWT will go back and forth between the actual water temperature and the transmission temperature. To fix this issue we do have a special version that seperates the water listed as WTR on the Rialta version and also preprograms the correct transmission temperature. If you would like to upgrade the unit to the Rialta version please send your ScanGauge in with a brief note stating that you need the VW software for your VW, also include your name, mailing address, telephone/email. We will get that updated and sent back out to you.

I clarified that I did not have a Rialta and he said both Rialta and Eurovan need the fix. I will be sending mine in since I’ve witnessed what they are talking about.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Should I send my new Scanguage II in for EV update? Reply with quote

Wierd

My AUTEL pulls distinct PIDS for coolant and transmission temperatures
bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Should I send my new Scanguage II in for EV update? Reply with quote

I sent my scangauge in last week for the Eurovan/Rialta updates
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
streamr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Should I send my new Scanguage II in for EV update? Reply with quote

Let us know how long it takes to get back.
bikes!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Should I send my new Scanguage II in for EV update? Reply with quote

Not the OP, but I sent my 8 year old ScanGuage II in to have the firmware updated last week. Mailed it to them last Monday via USPS, received the updated device back the following Monday (yesterday). Location may be a factor: I'm in CA, they are next door in AZ.

Since mine was well out of warranty, they charged 25$ to flash the new firmware and ship it back to me. This seems like a fair price given that most consumer electronics are considered throw away items. I requested the Rialta/EuroVan firmware and the device came back with the x-gauges for VW/ISO water and transmission temperature already coded.

Plugged it back into the van last night and all gauges seem to function as expected. Will be driving the van quite a bit in the coming week, so I'll see if the firmware update solves the inconsistent temp readings I have been seeing. Also, the average fuel economy reading would drop to 0.0 after driving for a few hours. I noted this when sending the device in, but received no feedback on if the firmware update would address this issue.
bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Should I send my new Scanguage II in for EV update? Reply with quote

I had about a 10 day turnaround and sending mine in and receiving it back
bcolins
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Should I send my new Scanguage II in for EV update? Reply with quote

I had about a 10 day turnaround and sending mine in and receiving it back
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: