Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Using a body stand on gravel?
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DevinHite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject: Using a body stand on gravel? Reply with quote

So I don’t have asphalt on my driveway, and wondering if anyone has ever dealt with the same situation. I need to pull the body off the chassis to do some work however I know the typical hard plastic tires won’t work that well for rolling on gravel unless I put plywood down.

Has anyone ever used dolly wheels? Would those be strong enough to support the weight? Or are there any other recommendations?

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwsplitman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Using a body stand on gravel? Reply with quote

Ive made several dollys out of 2x6 lumber and used Harbor freight inflatable tires with swivels. They will work and their large size makes them easier to roll on rough surfaces. Problem was that after a few seasons, they developed cracks and started leaking air. Had to be pumped up before every use. I then found some from Northern Tool that were a solid core and needed no air. Get the largest diameter you can get for making easier rolling.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: