Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mounting a vise to a workbench
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
theastronaut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Mounting a vise to a workbench Reply with quote

Starting to look like we need a “Colombian Vise” sub forum Laughing

'64 Beetle Sunroof OG Bahama Blue
'63 Beetle Vert
'66 Beetle
'88 Festiva L
'89 Festiva L
'64 Chevy C10
'66 Chevy C10
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Mounting a vise to a workbench Reply with quote

I had a crummy bench vise at my place up north. A couple of years ago I bought a 5" nice Craftsman bench vise from a Craigslist ad, was right on my way too.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: Mounting a vise to a workbench Reply with quote

KEGZ wrote:
Abscate wrote:
Be careful with that COLUMBIAn free base, it was prone to fires in a Pryor life.

But when that fire hits your ass, it’ll sober you up real quick..

Old People Are Funny
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Max Welton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Mounting a vise to a workbench Reply with quote

Well, crap. I BROKE my Versa Vice base. Sad

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Max
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Mounting a vise to a workbench Reply with quote

Impressive! Surprised

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
Max Welton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Mounting a vise to a workbench Reply with quote

It isn't an anvil in a sandbox ... but close.

Max
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
6T5 square
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Mounting a vise to a workbench Reply with quote

I have a small workbench. I put my vise on the bench where I wanted it to be. I marked the two bottom holes on the bench. Removed the vise, drilled the two holes in the bench. I placed two thick bolts through the bench, washer and nuts on them and store the vice underneath. Whenever I need it, I just remove the bolts, put the vice on the bench and then put the bolts back in. Tighten it all up and it's ready to go.

Quoting John Muir -- Open the rear boot. Get out the stool and sit down. Contemplate the air-cooled beauty before you. - How to Keep Your Volkswagen Alive -- Step-By-Step Procedures for the Compleat Idiot
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: