Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Error Code P0441 help
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VAG27
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject: Error Code P0441 help Reply with quote

Check engine question. Hello everyone. I have a 2002 EVC. My check engine light came on this morning. I pulled into the local Autozone and they plugged in their Fix Finder. Below is what the print out Autozone gave me. They also said maybe a new gas cap probably need a new charcoal canister.
Anyone know what code P0441 ?
Thank you in advance.
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Error Code P0441 help Reply with quote

VAG27 wrote:
Check engine question. Hello everyone. I have a 2002 EVC. My check engine light came on this morning. I pulled into the local Autozone and they plugged in their Fix Finder. Below is what the print out Autozone gave me. They also said maybe a new gas cap probably need a new charcoal canister.
Anyone know what code P0441 ?
Thank you in advance.

From the internet.
"The P0441 code means that the control module has detected a leak in the Evaporative Emission (EVAP). Loose fuel tank filler cap is the most common cause that triggers the P0441 code."

Having chased this error code in multiply vehicles over the years, and many more forum reference, it is almost never the gas cap. Since they are relatively cheap, might as well try. Or you didn;t install your gas cap properly and it isn't sealing right. There are several threads about the charcoal canister. Replacing is expensive, if you can still get new.

If you are not familiar with how the system works, it goes something like this. The gas tank doesn't vent directly to the atmosphere but to the canister when filters the gas vapors and then vents out. Every several hundred miles (?) the vent valve closes and allows pressure to build up in the EVAP system. A pressure sensor checks for increased pressure. If increased pressure is noted, it assumes that there are no leaks and the vent valve opens and you go on your merry way.
VAG27
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Error Code P0441 help Reply with quote

Thank you Mr Pulldown. So just let it go as is to see if it goes ago? How many miles should I drive before going to a shop if the light does not go out ? Thank you
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Error Code P0441 help Reply with quote

VAG27 wrote:
Thank you Mr Pulldown. So just let it go as is to see if it goes ago? How many miles should I drive before going to a shop if the light does not go out ? Thank you

Make sure your gas cap is on right. Assume they didn;t reset the code? I think you can disconnect the battery and cleared the code. Then see if it comes back. I would never recommend someone go to the shop, unless you have a shop that you go to regularly that you have a good relationship with.

This isn't something that will cause any damage so not very critical to get repaired ASAP. You won't pass SMOG inspections though.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: