Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

03 eurovan randomly starting and staling, P0322
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bethcoats
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject: 03 eurovan randomly starting and staling, P0322 Reply with quote

2003, Eurovan v6, just had Serpentine belt replaced due to complete wear out of tension pully. had it done in Santa fe, ran great 200 miles.. died while idling Had it towed to Breckenridge. Then it started, drove to NAPA, had battery checked, Alternator, fine.. a small coolant leak. code pulled from napa was P3022, (must of been P0322) cant find the first code and it was a guy reading it to me. Got back to condo was idling for about 5 to 10 mins, it died and would not start. a few hrs later it started got it parked. turned it off and tried to start it again, it cranked, got battery power, but just would not turn over..could the tension pully wearing out without me knowing to the point of belt breaking cause any of this... never had this problem prior to new tension pully and S. belt. I am a women in a wheelchair, and have a lift in my van.. Im not a mechanic, but my van spent 13 months in Boulder at Gebhardt VW getting a new engine got it back end of August. I need transportation, and really don't want to be bent over by a dealership again.. any ideas, crankshaft?? ignition sensor?
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 03 eurovan randomly starting and staling, P0322 Reply with quote

It’s a cam sensor error code so it’s worth looking at the wiring around this puppy. Shouldn’t be too expensive to fix
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: 03 eurovan randomly starting and staling, P0322 Reply with quote

Good advice ^^^^

Find a shop you trust and have them look at this specific item.
These units are getting old and wiring issues pop up, especially after repair work where things are unhooked and moved out of the way to gain access.

The shop did nothing wrong, you cannot see interior wire decay, it just happens.

Be happy you have OBD II diagnosis which helps you narrow down where the problem might be.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: