Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fuel pump with regulator and dual carbs pictures
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject: Fuel pump with regulator and dual carbs pictures Reply with quote

I'm in need of some design help.

In my ghia have dual 44's with a mechanical fuel pump and a holley pressure regulator.

I'm wanting to clean things up (sight wise) in the engine bay. I know there are many of you out there that have the same setup, or close. Could you post a picture of the set up to help me spur some fuel line routing ideas?

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
QRP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel pump with regulator and dual carbs pictures Reply with quote

Get a Carter style rotary pump and you won't need the regulator.

I run one line to connect both carbs and one line feeding from the left side carb.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

BIGMIKEY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel pump with regulator and dual carbs pictures Reply with quote

Delorto 36mm carbs in a 1973 Beetle. I ran the fuel line from the stock fuel pump to the regulator on the firewall. Single line out of one side of the regulator to the left carb, I put a fuel pressure gauge in the right regulator outlet. Then from the left carb I ran a line behind the shroud to the right carb. Dells have a inlet/outlet fitting that makes that possible.

Mike T

Deserter Series 1 project.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=787047&highlight=

1973 Beetle Driver, Marina Blue.
Chuck67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel pump with regulator and dual carbs pictures Reply with quote

BIGMIKEY wrote:
Delorto 36mm carbs in a 1973 Beetle. I ran the fuel line from the stock fuel pump to the regulator on the firewall. Single line out of one side of the regulator to the left carb, I put a fuel pressure gauge in the right regulator outlet. Then from the left carb I ran a line behind the shroud to the right carb. Dells have a inlet/outlet fitting that makes that possible.

Mike T

Thanks!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chuck67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel pump with regulator and dual carbs pictures Reply with quote

QRP wrote:
Get a Carter style rotary pump and you won't need the regulator.

I run one line to connect both carbs and one line feeding from the left side carb.

Thanks!!
evanfrucht
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel pump with regulator and dual carbs pictures Reply with quote

I made up my own hardline kit with a roll of nickel copper tube. I connected it all togther with short sections of braided fuel line. I just used simple push on connections. Works and looks good. I'll post up some pictures.

I also run a stock rebuild-able german pump and have no need for a regulator for my dual Dellorto 45's as it outputs the correct pressure as is.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: