Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hightop seals, strange jalousie rubber, replacements?
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject: Hightop seals, strange jalousie rubber, replacements? Reply with quote

I'm slowly fixing up a 73 high top and I'm having a hard time sourcing a couple of seals to the top jalousie windows and skylight vent. Both live in the fiberglass top so I don't think DB and WW "Westfalia" seals will work. I've searched here, I've checked RV parts websites, I've wandered the isle at my local Hardware Depot, and I can't find anything like these. How do you replace parts like these?
Thanks,
Samson

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Michael McGinn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Hightop seals, strange jalousie rubber, replacements? Reply with quote

Howdy Samson,
Your window looks like it is made by Hehr. They made a lot of windows for the travel trailer and RV world. I found something that looks correct over at:

https://vintagetrailersupply.com/hehr-standard-backframe-gasket-vts-199/

They are currently sold out, but the information might help.
1979 CA FI Sunroof Bus
1976 Westy
1982 Westy
1971 Deluxe
1971 Single Cab
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Hightop seals, strange jalousie rubber, replacements? Reply with quote

https://www.trimlok.com/rubber-extrusion/trim-seal...QgEALw_wcB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: