Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Camera mount
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wartown81
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject: Camera mount Reply with quote

What's up guys. Anybody mind sharing a camera or phone mount they've had success with mounting on the bulkhead to record your drive?
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Camera mount Reply with quote

Phone Mounting - post pictures of what you've come up with!
Wartown81
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Camera mount Reply with quote

Thanks Easy. I searched but didn't come up with anything.
panel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Camera mount Reply with quote

Didn't see any bulkhead mounting options in that link ?
Help Help
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Camera mount Reply with quote

I set up a go pro clone standard mount with a strong 3" diameter magnet with felt on the bottom and so far I've only used it on my dash with safaris and it's been rock solid. I'm sure you could stick it about anywhere but maybe not fully in the wind at freeway speeds.
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Camera mount Reply with quote

Whenever I've needed a solution for holding a device, RAM seem to have something that'll work...

https://www.rammount.com/

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
robin.richard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Camera mount Reply with quote

All,

Don't have an idea for a camera, but for my phone I just stick it in the ashtray and stream my music via Bluetooth. I can see most of the phone's screen, if needed for navigation, otherwise I try to ignore the phone while driving. I even put a hole in the bottom of the ashtray to run a hidden charging cable.

Cheers

-Rich
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: