Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

73' super beetle convertible information
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaron1414
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:18 pm    Post subject: 73' super beetle convertible information Reply with quote

About 4 months ago I bought a super beetle for my first project car. my goal is to take this car as close to original as possible. I know a few VW guys so I've made it through so far. But I'm having trouble with the details of the car. like if the back seat belts were retractable or standard lap belts, etc. I'm also horrible at navigating this site. I'm wondering if anyone knows any good sources for information like that.
beanlover
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: 73' super beetle convertible information Reply with quote

Whenever I need to know something specific about my car ('71 Super vert) I can usually find what I need to know by looking on wolfsburgwest.com. They have great diagrams and good information. They don't always have exactly what I want to know detailed out but more often than not they do. I would start there if you haven't already.

Good luck!
67conv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: 73' super beetle convertible information Reply with quote

Pretty much all the information you will ever need is to be found within the Samba site. I'd avoid the Vendor sites like W.W. or JBugs for definitive answers, instead seek the out the correct wealth of information within the Samba. Here is a link to the complete 1973 owner's manual with your answer:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/73bug.php

The answer to your question regarding the rear seat belts is - Yes! They were originally retractable for the rears in '73. This information was found by clicking on the "technical" section in the header above and then going to the "owner's manuals" on the drop down list. From there choose Type1. Easy-peasy!

Previously owned: 72 "Baja Champion SE" Spec. Edition Super Beetle bought NEW; 79 Convertible bought NEW; 67 type 1 savanna beige; 67 2.0 911S; 73 2.4 911T; 63 356 T6 B Cabriolet; 64 356 SC sunroof coupe; 72 Type-3 Squareback; 68 + 69 Type-3 Fastbacks; 87 Vanagon GL Wasserboxer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: