Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Is Negotiating Dead or a Foreign Concept These Days?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Is Negotiating Dead or a Foreign Concept These Days? Reply with quote

after Wink
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Negotiating Dead or a Foreign Concept These Days? Reply with quote

Just sold one of our cookstoves and the guys son is into VW's Cool
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
marklaken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Negotiating Dead or a Foreign Concept These Days? Reply with quote

Manfred58sc wrote:
Read the ad!! Offer means there is room for haggling, otherwise you will trip triggers very quickly. I rarely sell cars but I make it very clear I'm not a used car lot, the price is the price the buyer will have to pay. In this fast paced world of sales I would say negotiating is on its way out. Younger people especially have no time for it.

I always list "OBO". What cracks me up every time, the first guy shows up, makes an offer, and I say offer noted. I'll let you know if it sells for more. THey usually pay asking price right then and there.

'65 rear left beetle fender

15" Bus Wheels in fair condition

Mark Laken
Fort Collins, CO
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Negotiating Dead or a Foreign Concept These Days? Reply with quote

madmike wrote:
Picked up the stove Sunday,, 640 lbs. Shocked 3 guys helped,,she's a Bute,, wife said I should of taken a 'Before'pic ,,, Embarassed
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Wow!...yes....that I can appreciate. Beautiful stove!

Ray
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Is Negotiating Dead or a Foreign Concept These Days? Reply with quote

Thanks Ray ,I've been wanting this Model ever since I found out it's 'airtight' (1980ish)
held a fire 'Overnight' last night it was -8* ,,house is toasty Laughing
Iowa Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Negotiating Dead or a Foreign Concept These Days? Reply with quote

Years ago I was in the local speed shop/used car lot looking at all the shiney stuff when the owner looks up and says. "Oh no, here he comes again." This guy comes in and asks about the '64 Dodge Dart in the lot. $550 is the reply. "Holy crap! The paint is all worn through, and the milage is way past what that slant six is good for, and it looks like the springs out back are sagging like crazy, and how much oil does it use?" There is a lull in the conversation and the owner of the lot looks down at his shoes and says, "OK, how does $575 sound then?" Without any hesitation, the customer responds, " Well, that's better!" Like I said, this was quite a few years ago and maybe buyers have gotten lots smarter. Wink
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Negotiating Dead or a Foreign Concept These Days? Reply with quote

I really think its attention span and conditioning. If the consumption process meets too much resistance another avenue is quickly explored. The fulfillment in a timely manner allows for a price increase. Bargaining's last gasp was the lowball movement on CL. Sure, it will still limp along at yard sales with the "2 bits" crowd.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Is Negotiating Dead or a Foreign Concept These Days? Reply with quote

We have bargained, haggled, and grifted about $30,000 of furniture from FBM for well under $3000 in the last year, all stuff like new.

We wait for it to post and stay for a week or two then come in with our T4 and make an offer. We haven’t been turned down yet

Three apartments furnished with nice stuff at great pricing. No doubt driven by a seller mindset who redo house furniture every 10 years as they got tired of the style rather than wearing it out
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Is Negotiating Dead or a Foreign Concept These Days? Reply with quote

I made 'Outback' bread in my stove,, taste the same ,,sweet & dark Mmmmmm
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: