Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldeVolksHome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:54 am    Post subject: Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire Reply with quote

To all our fellow VW lovers -

I'm sure you have heard of the terrible wildfire that incinerated somewhere between 500 and 1000 homes and devastated the community of Superior, Colorado.

Unfortunately, among those who lost everything was the Kupfner family. Elizabeth Kupfner is a longstanding member of our VW community who has been an active participant on thesamba ([email protected]) and with whom I have done business many times. Elizabeth has always been a perfect example of the good will we all enjoy in the VW community - and now she, and her family, have lost everything.

I'm sure that I am not the only one in our VW community that would like to help Elizabeth's family at this terrible time. I contacted her and suggested the she establish a Go Fund Me page - and today she responded that she had. The link to it is:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/kupfner-homes-overtaken-by-marshall-fire

Thank you for your consideration of helping the Kupfners in this terrible situation.

Best regards for 2022 - and please stay safe.

Brent Ybarrondo

Last edited by OldeVolksHome on Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jennepher Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire Reply with quote

No problem, thanks for posting.
I can't imagine how awful that must be, but I'm happy they saved the dogs.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
If your post begins "I know this is against the rules but..." just stop typing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire Reply with quote

I;m spreading the word, lets help if we can.
wcfvw69 Premium Member
Samba Purist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire Reply with quote

I just contributed to Elizabeth's Go-fund me. Elizabeth is WELL deserving of any help our great VW community can provide to her and her family at her time of need.

I've been buying parts from Elizabeth for years. She's always been terrific in her communication, pricing and fast shipping. Her parts are always as described too.

Let's hope we can help her reach her Go-fund me goal!

Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004.

**Now rebuilding throttle bodies for VW's and Porsche's**
**Restored German Bosch distributors for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored German Pierburg fuel pumps for sale or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche fuel pumps or I can restore yours**
**Restored Porsche distributors or I can restore yours**
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire Reply with quote

I haven't purchased any parts from Elisabeth. But can completely understand the loss.
I hope my donation will in some small way help the family get back on their feet!

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire Reply with quote

donated and shared on FB
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OldeVolksHome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire Reply with quote

Great idea - I'm not on FaceBook.

Thanks!
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire Reply with quote

Donated and shared on Facebook.

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire Reply with quote

It was a tragic event. I have two friends both named Bret. Bret#1 and his sister Laura, their mother lost everything in the fire. Bret #2, his family also lost everything.This event totally bites. Help anyway you can.
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire Reply with quote

Good on you for posting. Not the way to start the New Year. Glad they got out alive.

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
BeeDubyaBugz Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire Reply with quote

thank you all for your generous words and donations. I'm am besides myself loosing all my vws and parts. the bus in my avatar picture is gone and doesn't even look like much... just still in disbelief. I am so thankful for the vw community and am honored to be part of the vw scene. I will be back as a seller at some point once I get back on my feet... Keep on vee dubin Smile
1963 ragtop bug
1965 Bug convertible

Fire Survivors:
1969 bug autostick
1974 sun bug
64 ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire Reply with quote

Just a thought. I'm sure there are a lot of us who have some parts around that we could post on the samba for sale. Perhaps finding a part you can let go and the proceeds be donated to Elizabeth's GoFundMe. I know Elizabeth has over the years saved many Volkswagen parts from deteriorating into useless piles of rust by getting them recycled and in the hands of people that can use them. Maybe this would be a good way to help her back.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire Reply with quote

64 ghia wrote:
Just a thought. I'm sure there are a lot of us who have some parts around that we could post on the samba for sale. Perhaps finding a part you can let go and the proceeds be donated to Elizabeth's GoFundMe. I know Elizabeth has over the years saved many Volkswagen parts from deteriorating into useless piles of rust by getting them recycled and in the hands of people that can use them. Maybe this would be a good way to help her back.

Great idea.
I will donate all proceeds (after shipping cost) from all of my sales between now and Sunday night 2/6/22
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=iowegian
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire Reply with quote

Somehow I missed this earlier. Donation sent -- and they are approaching the goal!
sb001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire Reply with quote

Just donated what little I can hopefully it will make a bit of difference. Hoping these folks can build back bigger and better.

1969 autostick sedan, family owned since new
1600 SP engine
Solex 30 PICT 3 carburetor
Bosch 113905205AE autostick distributor
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire Reply with quote

Thanks iowegian
And if you donate to her go fund me you can get updates as to how things are going
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire Reply with quote

I wish there was a way to donate my 3 boxes of used parts that I have no use for. I live across the country so shipping them would be cost prohibitive.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire Reply with quote

iowegian wrote:
64 ghia wrote:

Great idea.
I will donate all proceeds (after shipping cost) from all of my sales between now and Sunday night 2/6/22
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=iowegian

UPDATE:
I'm going to sweeten the pot. FREE SHIPPING in U.S. on everything I have in the Samba classifieds. I'll pay the postage. All funds will go to Beedubybugz (Elizabeth).
BeeDubyaBugz Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire Reply with quote

hi everyone.
thanks for everything you all are doing. I'm just starting to dig thru stuff and its been tough as there's not a lot salvageable. it's such a bummer as I had a lot of nos, good used, and new stuff as well as many many training collectibles, posters and other rare items that are forever gone. it sure is a a situation that there's really no words for all the loss. again I really appreciate all that you folks are doing. we are forever grateful!
1963 ragtop bug
1965 Bug convertible

Fire Survivors:
1969 bug autostick
1974 sun bug
OldeVolksHome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Member of VW community devastated by Colorado wildfire Reply with quote

Elizabeth,

I'm happy, and very grateful, to so many of the VW family who were able to help you out in this terrible time.

You have our best wishes.

Brent
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: