Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

When a warranty is not what it says
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: When a warranty is not what it says Reply with quote

Years ago I remember that buying a battery got you a 2-part warranty. There was an initial replacement period followed by a pro-rated period. Is that still the case?
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: When a warranty is not what it says Reply with quote

Rich Latsch wrote:
Years ago I remember that buying a battery got you a 2-part warranty. There was an initial replacement period followed by a pro-rated period. Is that still the case?

It’s been this way for years even that old dinosaur sears did it like that. Here’s another stunner, tires have warranty that is prorated too. I got some money back on set that didn’t go the 80k as advertised.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: When a warranty is not what it says Reply with quote

Rich Latsch wrote:

Yes, we recently replaced the battery in our modern car and it would have been pro-rated if the complete warranty period had not expired... which is rare for AZ, batteries wear out quickly here from the heat.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: When a warranty is not what it says Reply with quote

I get my 12v batteries at the local junkyard. $43 exchange with a full 1 year warranty. If it takes a dump, they will replace it with some other random battery, not pro-rated BS. They work until they don't and then I go buy another used one. That way I am not supporting any of the retailers y'all have had bad experiences with. Plus I get to feel like I am being green with the ten cars I drive.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: When a warranty is not what it says Reply with quote

It’s such a small cost of ownership of running a car it’s not worth the posts about it.

Three year life worst case , $50 per year ?

Have a good 10 amp charger and a maintainer for a light used car and it’s a 5 year battery, $30 per year

( may not apply in those hot places the Creator tries to warn you not to live there by sending scorpions)
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: When a warranty is not what it says Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
First of all F-Walmart. If you shop at Walmart you are part of the problem

What problem?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: When a warranty is not what it says Reply with quote

gerick the walmart greeter's problem.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: