Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Electric vehicles are bad
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 233, 234, 235  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Electric vehicles are bad Reply with quote

We have a lot of wind farms in rural Illinois. The thing I noticed a couple of weeks ago driving thru some of them was how dirty they were. The dust from farming coats the head & blades because the oil leakage attracts dirt and it sticks. Very attractive.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Electric vehicles are bad Reply with quote

they're joking, right...?
https://newatlas.com/energy/powerx-battery-tanker/...A4wqU0n7C4

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: Electric vehicles are bad Reply with quote

finster wrote:
they're joking, right...?
https://newatlas.com/energy/powerx-battery-tanker/...A4wqU0n7C4

Laughing Laughing Laughing
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Electric vehicles are bad Reply with quote

Bonesberg55 wrote:
We have a lot of wind farms in rural Illinois. The thing I noticed a couple of weeks ago driving thru some of them was how dirty they were. The dust from farming coats the head & blades because the oil leakage attracts dirt and it sticks. Very attractive.

Let me guess... someone opted for the cheaper ones from China... right? Non of the ones around here have done that! Pictures please.
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Electric vehicles are bad Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
Bonesberg55 wrote:

Let me guess... someone opted for the cheaper ones from China... right? Non of the ones around here have done that! Pictures please.

No pictures! "Trust me, I know what I'm doing". Obviously, the seals were made in China.

Blowing snow is not the same as blowing dirt. Laughing
steve244
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Electric vehicles are bad Reply with quote

...now the cost of ownership of a Model 3 is becoming less than a Honda Accord or Toyota Corolla in most markets.

source
The Vanagon's drivetrain and chassis restomod thread. Best sung to the tune of I Did It My Way...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Electric vehicles are bad Reply with quote

When you run out of electricity on the side of the road what happens?
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kpf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Electric vehicles are bad Reply with quote

steve244 wrote:
...now the cost of ownership of a Model 3 is becoming less than a Honda Accord or Toyota Corolla in most markets.

source

Sorry. That article explains absolutely nothing about cost of ownership. The phrase you quoted is there, but it’s completely out of place in that article and completely unsubstantiated.
steve244
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Electric vehicles are bad Reply with quote

Agreed. It's the purchase price.

Cost of ownership is much less than a Corolla.
The Vanagon's drivetrain and chassis restomod thread. Best sung to the tune of I Did It My Way...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric vehicles are bad Reply with quote

heimlich wrote:

What happens now when you run out gas?

Same thing.
heimlich Premium Member
VWNOS.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric vehicles are bad Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
heimlich wrote:

Same thing.

Someone brings you a spare battery? Has a company started that?
5% Off your order with coupon code: 5%OFF
Restored Distributors Available (<--Click here)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric vehicles are bad Reply with quote

heimlich wrote:
Abscate wrote:
heimlich wrote:

Same thing.

Someone brings you a spare battery? Has a company started that?

AAA started a service where they would send a truck to charge your EV if you ran short. They got rid of the trucks because they weren't used.
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯ Maybe they will tow you to the nearest charger?

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
Jon Schmid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric vehicles are bad Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
heimlich wrote:

Same thing.

Flip my petcock onto Reserve and go on my merry way...
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric vehicles are bad Reply with quote

Running an EV out of juice should be a base test to turn in your license for dumbphookery

Running out of gas a close second
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric vehicles are bad Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Running an EV out of juice should be a base test to turn in your license for dumbphookery

Running out of gas a close second

Running out of fuel is the number two reason for a AAA call. Number one is a dead battery or battery issue ( different battery issues then EV cars)

It will be interesting to see what new or unique to EV car breakdowns happen frequently when there are millions and millions of EV cars on the road.

https://mwg.aaa.com/via/car/most-common-roadside-emergencies

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: Electric vehicles are bad Reply with quote

They will be flatbed off the road like ICE. The parrots will bleat that EV will be too heavy to flatbed because they be stupid
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Electric vehicles are bad Reply with quote

steve244 wrote:
Cost of ownership is much less than a Corolla.

Only to those that refuse to admit that battery replacement, like tires and brakes are part of maintenance costs!

Or maybe we are getting to the point now that the new cars now expire before the tires and brakes do?

On the tow truck issue, it will be exactly the same people that run out of battery power that used to run out of gas. It's not the car's fault the driver is stupid!
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Electric vehicles are bad Reply with quote

Bonesberg55 wrote:
Blowing snow is not the same as blowing dirt. Laughing

Good one! Laughing

Here is a picture of the "blowing snow" I drive through with the Jetta a week or so ago!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Electric vehicles are bad Reply with quote

apparently there's going to be a shortage of silver - they should tap the landed gentry, they've always got shed loads of old silver gravy boats and stuff lying about.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-65602519

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Electric vehicles are bad Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
They will be flatbed off the road like ICE. The parrots will bleat that EV will be too heavy to flatbed because they be stupid

Some EVs can charge a dead EV using a bi-directional charge cord ... just hook the two vehicles together with the 2-way charge cable to share some electrons.

Also, there are some tests where the dead EV is flat-towed in regen mode to put some charge into the battery. It should not be any different than coasting down a long hill.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 233, 234, 235  Next
Jump to:
Page 147 of 235

Jump to: