Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ghia Parts Identification Help (Photos Attached)
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject: Ghia Parts Identification Help (Photos Attached) Reply with quote

I have two items from a Ghia Lot I purchased and need help with identifying. The chrome strip is new. I don't know what part it's for on the car and the metal plate, I don't know what / where that goes either. Any help or info appreciated. These were bought / used for a '65 Convertible that the guy was restoring that I purchased parts from him. Any help is much grateful, thanks!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Loren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia Parts Identification Help (Photos Attached) Reply with quote

The top piece is the metal cover for the Ghia convertible top header bow. These are hard to find that nice. The trim piece looks like the one that goes on the outside of the Ghia convertible header bow, just above the front windshield, though it could be the piece of trim that goes above the rear window too. Hard to tell which one it is from your photos.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sputnick60
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia Parts Identification Help (Photos Attached) Reply with quote

There is a thread specifically for “what’s this ghia part”. You can see it listed in the stickies at the top of the forum page. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=491220
Post your questions there.

Why? Well, each person who has already answered a question gets set to automatically following that thread and gets an email when a new post appears. If you post in that thread you’re going to have a posse ready to respond. Otherwise your new thread will not get much response until the regular visitors read the question. So there more chances of being ignored.

There have been a number of solo questions recently so am I going to put on my mean Mr Moderator hat? Shocked
Nicholas
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Ghia Parts Identification Help (Photos Attached) Reply with quote

Loren wrote:
The top piece is the metal cover for the Ghia convertible top header bow. These are hard to find that nice. The trim piece looks like the one that goes on the outside of the Ghia convertible header bow, just above the front windshield, though it could be the piece of trim that goes above the rear window too. Hard to tell which one it is from your photos.

Thank you kindly!!!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: