Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VolksFest 2022 - Manheim PA - 4/23/2022
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:26 pm    Post subject: VolksFest 2022 - Manheim PA - 4/23/2022 Reply with quote

All Volkswagen car show held by the Harrisburg Area Volkswagen Owners Club (HAVOC) at Mount Hope Estate, Manheim.

Date & Time
April 23, 2022
7AM for Vendors
8AM for Show Field & Spectators
Registration closes at 12PM
Awards will be give out at 2PM
Show Closes at 3PM

VolksFest takes place on the grounds of Mount Hope Estate, located at 2775 Lebanon Road, Manheim PA.

Always a good show and swap. Who’s going?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jeremy57ride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2022 - Manheim PA - 4/23/2022 Reply with quote

I plan to be there... swapping from our single cab. LOTS of OG mufflers on hand, many beetle drums, flywheels, engine tins... etc. If anyone is hunting for a complete dual port engine that turns, let me know- I can haul it up there too.

I have always been pleased with the parts and crowds that show up for this one!
Stop by and check out my large collection of LIFE magazine VW advertising
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2022 - Manheim PA - 4/23/2022 Reply with quote

I'm *hoping* to go...it's a 2.5 hour drive, have to get my tuchus up damn early.

Are dogs allowed....?

'74 Super 9/16 - present, in refurb process.
'73 Super - 6/18 - Present - Daily Driver!
'75 Super Le Grande...waiting it's turn in line behind '74.
Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2022 - Manheim PA - 4/23/2022 Reply with quote

I'll be there, as of late morning. Spectating and have a few swap meet items on a short wish list. I'll be wearing a straw "western style" hat.

-edit- vamram- your response came in just as I was typing mine. If I see your Super on the field, I'll text you and meet up. Wishing you a good drive there. Maybe we'll see vwpieces, andk5591, and BIGMIKEY.
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2022 - Manheim PA - 4/23/2022 Reply with quote

Rome wrote:
I'll be there, as of late morning. Spectating and have a few swap meet items on a short wish list. I'll be wearing a straw "western style" hat.

-edit- vamram- your response came in just as I was typing mine. If I see your Super on the field, I'll text you and meet up. Wishing you a good drive there. Maybe we'll see vwpieces, andk5591, and BIGMIKEY.

I'll be looking for you, and I was just going to message you! Will you drive the Bug? I'm debating, but thinking of "gasp" driving the beater Kia Rondo instead and making this trip a parts scavenging extravaganza.

Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
50Splitman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2022 - Manheim PA - 4/23/2022 Reply with quote

Consistently a great show since the first one - haven't missed one yet!
vamram Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2022 - Manheim PA - 4/23/2022 Reply with quote

It was a great show, I haven't seen that many cars since the BugOut of 2013 or so. The best for were the parts vendors, I was able to score some gems. Two working thermostats w/good undamaged rods for $10/a piece, a tunnel tray/cup holder for $5, a good rebuildable solex 34/3 for $25, my doors keyed to my ignition for a good price, and some other assorted bits. All in all a very good 300 mile round trip.

Didn't take many pics. Just two actually, here's one. I mean, what am I going to do w/all the pics of other's VDubs? Leave them to my kids??

Click to view image
Save the Supers!!
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2022 - Manheim PA - 4/23/2022 Reply with quote

I'm glad you made it in your Beetle, vamram. Looking at the local weather forecast in the area for myself, it seems it did not rain- you've had enough driving your Beetle in rain this year.

I hope any other Samba members who attended will post a photo or two or at least reply that "they were there". Did you see/meet any others from here?

As I wrote to you via PM and per phone texting, I had a sudden change of plans. Last night after I wrote my post above, I went into my basement to see if I actually had parts stored away so that I could take them off my "swap meet" list. Was shocked to find that my well water tank had sprung a pinhole leak due to age and spot corrosion, spraying a small mist of water out. Some water had already settled on the floor... So with "damage control", moving boxes of VW parts out of the way to make access to the tank and getting a plumber out this morning; I had to call off my travel plans.
60vwnewengland
Twin #2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2022 - Manheim PA - 4/23/2022 Reply with quote

Sad to miss, always a good show. Maybe next year
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2022 - Manheim PA - 4/23/2022 Reply with quote

Is there a thread for the 2023 show? I don’t see it in the forum and the Facebook page won’t take comments.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2022 - Manheim PA - 4/23/2022 Reply with quote

2023: Yes! https://www.thesamba.com/vw/shows/index.php?sort=location#USA_Pennsylvania
obnoxiousblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2022 - Manheim PA - 4/23/2022 Reply with quote

Rome wrote:
2023: Yes! https://www.thesamba.com/vw/shows/index.php?sort=location#USA_Pennsylvania

But also no? Lol?

I see they’re having the show, but there’s no thread for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jennepher Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: VolksFest 2022 - Manheim PA - 4/23/2022 Reply with quote

I made a thread based off the event listing:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=778949

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
If your post begins "I know this is against the rules but..." just stop typing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: