Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How to get Por15 off your skin
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For general information, Eastwood's brand seems about as tough. I used some today and got a couple of drops on my hand. I wiped most of it off right away but there is a little down in the fingerprint lines that isn't going anywhere!
suicidedoordavid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boy i wish i'd heard about the vegetable oil 2 weeks ago. grey por15 on your hands, arms, and elbows isn't fun to get off. i got a good bit off with a callous stone, but i think the red rash after hurt a bit too much.
2 weeks later and i still got a little bit stuck in my knuckles.
JudgeGarry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: How to get Por15 off your skin Reply with quote

rustbug wrote:
I painted the belly pan on my 69 Baja with Por15. I wore latex gloves so I would not get the Por15 on my hands. I had seen a few posts that stated it would be imposable to get off your skin once it dried. My hands were saved, but my forearms, neck, and even my legs got splattered. I never noticed the big blobs on my forearms until the next day. You can try all the toxic chemicals and solvents you want, Por15 will not come off your skin with those.

What did work was vegetable oil. I soaked some into a paper towel, and then rubbed the towel over the stuck on Por15, waited 60 seconds, and rubbed it off with a dry paper towel.

I don’t know how long it would have taken to wear off. Especially the spots on my neck. Good luck!

٪:%%%%%:÷####

Just a note from newbie:
As with any extremely strong, sticky substance, (roofing tar comes to mind...) and especially Por15's required degreasing/or you might as well just pour it on the ground caveat...the drier your skin is, the longer it'll take to wear off... BEFORE you think about cracking open the can, moisturizer is a miraculous thing, I prefer the cheapest Doller Store coconut oil/waxy stuff because, well, it's 1$.
I'm no expert, or even that advanced of a hobbiest, but theres no question with roofing tar,(
It makes a BIG difference!!!
IMHO, i think the directions on the tar should read:
"1) opn can
, 2) rub a crap load on your body,
3) proceed to
4)do roofing stuff. "
Well, I hope this saves a couple layers of skin, and I look forward to poking around your site, my family were always big on VWs (I can still smell the Ziebart from our new microbus back in '63.....
Well, I'm about to dive into my first foray with POR15, I promise I'll take this post down if all I've said is for naught
Yours, JudgeGarry
⚖️👨‍⚖️⚖️
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: