Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Finding tires in Canada
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Finding tires in Canada Reply with quote

I am having a difficult time finding 195R14 tires in Canada. Tried 205R14, 195/80R14, 205/80R14... even 205/75R14 C rated. Everything comes up as no longer available or 0 stock in Canada.

I have 4 Westlake SC301 195R14C on order ($550). They were supposed to be in last week but the tire store just called and it is now a 3 month delivery time... maybe longer. Apparently the stock was incorrect.

Would like to avoid ordering from the US as it will be $100+ per tire in shipping and import.

So is anyone having luck getting 14" C rated tiers in Canada lately? Any advice?
The Nova Scotian Barndoor (YouTube)
The Nova Scotian Barndoor (CAD drawings)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding tires in Canada Reply with quote

Might not find what you're looking for, but i used pneuarabais.com to order tire for my daily. They carry plenty of size (but their site is ass to find what you're looking for) and its free shipping (to Qc it was at least)

might be worth a try. I know i can only search "LT", nothing more specifit tho.

EDIT :

Cip1 also has some expensive ones ;

http://www.cip1.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ACC%2DC20%2D6645%2DNKG

EDIT 2 :

Concept1 has some as well ;

http://store.concept1.ca/185R14-Nexen-Roadian-CT8-Tire-185R14NEXCT8/
http://store.concept1.ca/195R14-Maxtrek-SU810-Tire-195R14MAXSU810/
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding tires in Canada Reply with quote

Thanks!

I checked CIP1 and Concept1 a while back and they didn't have 195R14... At least I don't remember finding any.

While checking out the Maxtrek SU810 195R14 from Concept1 I found an online store (in Quebec I think) selling them cheep and a free shipping deal on (ending today) so I orderd 4.

https://pmctire.com/en/maxtrek-su810-195r14-106-104s-8pr.tire

Hopefully this works out Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Joey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding tires in Canada Reply with quote

I just got a set of Westlake 185r14 for my '74 bus three weeks ago from Miller Tire Craft in Dartmouth. $110 each. 185r14s are equivalent to the old stock 7.00 - 14s.

‘60 Kombi - '74 Bus - '79 Panel - '65 Beetle
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding tires in Canada Reply with quote

I think the 7x14 is between a 185R14 and a 195R14. I wanted to be on the larger side. I tried to get the 185 also but the shops here couldn't find any in Canada. I think most of the chains have the same suppliers.
Joey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Finding tires in Canada Reply with quote

I've had my '74 bus which has a 2 liter engine for 22 years and up until now always ran P185/75R15s. The first thing I noticed with the 185R14s, which are close to 1 inch larger in diameter, is how much more gas I have to give it to get up to speed.

‘60 Kombi - '74 Bus - '79 Panel - '65 Beetle
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Finding tires in Canada Reply with quote

Just got a call from PMCtire and they wont have the 195R14 in this season. Stock error I guess.

But they had 4 of the 185R14 in stock of the same tire so getting them. I was going back and forth between 185 and 195 anyway so don't mind.

And they just called me back as they were able to locate a fifth so I can rotate my spare and have a backup if one get destroyed. Smile
Enkiel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Finding tires in Canada Reply with quote

was just about to post...

these popped up on kijiji ;

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-pneus-jantes/longueuil-rive...nFlag=true
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding tires in Canada Reply with quote

Joey wrote:
I've had my '74 bus which has a 2 liter engine for 22 years and up until now always ran P185/75R15s. The first thing I noticed with the 185R14s, which are close to 1 inch larger in diameter, is how much more gas I have to give it to get up to speed.

185/14s are what would have come on a 74 bus in Germany, maybe your motor is getting a little tired? 1 inch in diameter also means it does actually go faster at the same rpm and same speedometer reading. not so bad really.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Finding tires in Canada Reply with quote

These were waiting for me today when I got back from camping. They look nice. Very happy with them.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: