Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW Type 3 Notchback
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Type 3 Notchback Reply with quote

Are you saying your pump is the more recent "Airtex" or "Ford Ranger" type with one inlet and one outlet.
LDP28
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Type 3 Notchback Reply with quote

Thanks for the recommendation. Put if I go for the Airtex pump, how imma gonna connect it if its only two ports.
LDP28
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Type 3 Notchback Reply with quote

And should I connect it so its doesn't by-pass the relay or keep it as it is.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Type 3 Notchback Reply with quote

Ok, so to be clear, do you have the stock 3-port pump installed now, properly connected with no hose kinks?
LDP28
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: VW Type 3 Notchback Reply with quote

I would have to verify if it’s properly connected. Let me get back to you when I did
LDP28
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Type 3 Notchback Reply with quote

It's connected properly with the 3 port pump !
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Type 3 Notchback Reply with quote

JCBond wrote:
I think they plumbed the whole thing wrong. Both of those ports that come out of the bottom of the tank are plumbed together and then go to the inlet on the pump. I don't know if you can see from this picture.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Going off your pic, I'd say they plumbed it wrong. If you can determine which end of the pump is in, and which is out of the pump, then it's just a matter of plumbing the hoses to where you need them.
Usually the outlet on the tank has a big nut on it's fitting. That gets hosed to a fuel filter, then on to the pump inlet. On the E2000 pump, that's opposite of the wire connection end (output of the pump that connects by hose to the far right (as your looking at directly head on, as it's really the left line inside the tunnel and at the rear of the car). The Right line (inside the tunnel) is the return line that will go directly back to the tank without the Y fitting and extra piece of hose. I hope this helps.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
LDP28
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: VW Type 3 Notchback Reply with quote

I'm just wondering something about the fuel system. Since it hasn't run in 25 years is there a way to clean the steel fuel lines or is it not worth it to clean. Also what size of hose i should get and does anyone has a link for the Airtex E2000 fuel pump ( I live in Canada).
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: