Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Oil Temperature Sensor Location 2022 VW Tiguan??
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poptopcamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject: Oil Temperature Sensor Location 2022 VW Tiguan?? Reply with quote

I have been on the Samba for about 10 year getting good information on how to maintain my 1978 VW Camper Bus. Now my wife has a 2020 VW Tiguan, and I've been trying to find out where the Oil Temperature Sensor in located. I've looked on Google and You Tube. I joined another VW forum that covers Tiguans. I ask questions and 80 people view my question and no one answers. I guess they put their cars in the shop when something goes wrong.
Then I thought, wait, there is a water cooled section on the Samba Forum. Maybe someone there will know where that sensor is located.
So, help. I have the sensor coming from an online parts site, so I know what it looks like. But I'll be darned if I can find it. I've replaced the blue and brown sensor under the oil filter, and the black oil level sensor on the oil pan. Thanks.
2020 VW Tiguan
2001 Harley Electraglide Classic
1986 BMW R 800cc motorcycle
2002 Chevy Camaro Z28
1999 Harley Sportster 1200 Custom
Butcher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Oil Temperature Sensor Location 2022 VW Tiguan?? Reply with quote

I'm pretty certain that the oil temperature sensor is part of the oil level sensor and that is located somewhere on the bottom of the engine. That part number I believe is 03F 907 660E.

I also suspect whatever you are getting is not going to be the right one. That is just a guess on my part.

You could add a bit more information to help us help you. Like what engine? What is the part number you got coming?

Online is great, but all too often, the price you get is not worth the hassles when something goes wrong. Especially if you do get the wrong part.
vwoldbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil Temperature Sensor Location 2022 VW Tiguan?? Reply with quote

Is the car still in warranty.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: