Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

Lowdown Dirty Rat wrote:
Would love to come out for this but not sure how it fits with the European Barndoor gathering 20-21st May and Volkswagens own bus festival 23-25 June 2023 Confused

Hey Buddy .......... like Lind mentioned ........ they are far enough apart to make all three events. I'd say making all three is more doable for you guys, European's. Not many Yanks with deep pockets, as Europe is expensive for us.

Lowdown Dirty Rat wrote:
What’s the date of June octo 2023?

Just found out the official date .......... Saturday, June 3rd.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

What are the dates of the ClassicS and OCTO in 2023? I'll have to plan my yearly road trip around them.

Last edited by mr. warehouse on Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulletBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

I'm already excited about this one! I'll probably bring my daughter and some other bus heads and make a week of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EA57RHD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

The June OCTO show is scheduled for Saturday June 3, 2023

Don't miss it!
********WANTED********
Whittier Lee Wood VW dealer license plate frame
drpete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

My '54 is in the middle of restoration. Was at the OCTO 10 years ago. Really hoping to bring it to this one.....but it's gonna be a close call getting it finished....
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Pete Keesling
Driving a VW every day.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
laszlo805
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

Can’t Waite for the show trying to do some work on the bus
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

mr. warehouse wrote:
What are the dates of the ClassicS and OCTO in 2023? I'll have to plan my yearly road trip around them.

Yo Greg ...... OCTO is Saturday, June 3rd. I don't know what weekend the ClassicS falls on? But I'll look into the dates ........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

BulletBus wrote:
I'm already excited about this one! I'll probably bring my daughter and some other bus heads and make a week of it.

It will be good to see you Vince. Lots of East Coast peeps are planning on heading out for this as well ...... good times!

laszlo805 wrote:
Can’t Waite for the show trying to do some work on the bus

I'll definitely be seeing you there my brother! Thumbs Up

Last edited by Barndoor Mafia on Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

Barndoor Mafia wrote:
mr. warehouse wrote:

Yo Greg ...... OCTO is Saturday, June 3rd. I don't know what weekend the ClassicS falls on? But I'll look into the dates ........

Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

drpete wrote:
My '54 is in the middle of restoration. Was at the OCTO 10 years ago. Really hoping to bring it to this one.....but it's gonna be a close call getting it finished....

Well, lets keep our fingers crossed your Kombi makes it out. There are several projects in the works as well. See you there regardless.
Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

I caught up with Ruben this past Pomona Swap meet and was pumped about the gathering. Here are a few shots of his ride. BTW - Ruben resides in Mexico.

Barndoor Mafia
Il Capo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

Lowdown Dirty Rat wrote:
What’s the date of June octo 2023?

was just informed that its on for Saturday, June 3rd.
hawthorne
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

I hope to make it down from Canada and join a few on the west coast to drive down, although maybe with or without my barndoor 😬

sled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

fuckin get to work dude!! that metalwork looks like a month of evenings and weekends Twisted Evil
myklsmyth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

I was thinking of bringing the bus but it would be on a trailer and likely only be the chassis. Laughing
myklsmyth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

hawthorne wrote:
I hope to make it down from Canada and join a few on the west coast to drive down, although maybe with or without my barndoor 😬

Being that its a panel and with that window, kind of reminds me of a submarine. Very Happy
derRHDmeister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

working on bringing this '53 oddity to complete the full spectrum of barndoors on display in June '23, just hope to be able to make it past the entrance gate!

Link

unclespanky wrote:
Piercy could dip those wheel cylinders between his cheek and gums and spit them out rebuilt.

Check us out @
Instagram: DeafVolks & BarndoorBuggy
Fast Eddie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

It has my approval. I'm looking forward to parking it in the line up.
Can't wait to see it in person!
Mr. OGPaint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

hawthorne wrote:

Good job Andrew! Excited to see that bus on the road and driving from CANADA!!!
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 2023 BARNDOOR GATHERING Reply with quote

June 3rd?
So early in the month!
I was hoping to attend the Barndoor reunion in the Netherlands and then drive or tow my Baja Barndoor out West for the Octo Reunion. But they are only two weeks apart!
Decisions, decisions...

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: