Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Is an Audi really a VW?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is an Audi really a VW?
Yes
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
No
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Undecided
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Dusty1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Is an Audi really a VW? Reply with quote

DQDan wrote:
Asking 3k$

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I saw one of those in a junkyard. It's probably still there. If anyone buys this one they may want to know where the other one is.

oprn wrote:
Ugly as heck but very unusual! It's worth doing something with just for the "What the heck is that?" factor. In the same class as a Izetta, NSU Prinz, Hillman Minx or Nash Metropolitan. Would I pay the asking price? Not in a hundred years! That's a $500 car in my opinion. I don't care how rare it is, there is virtually NO market for it!

At least I can get parts for a Nash Met.

At least I can get cash for an Isetta.

oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Is an Audi really a VW? Reply with quote

I am just now disassembling a 944 rear suspension. I am seeing Audi and VW logos on the parts but no Porsche badges yet. Explain that!
frenchroast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Is an Audi really a VW? Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
I am just now disassembling a 944 rear suspension. I am seeing Audi and VW logos on the parts but no Porsche badges yet. Explain that!

I pulled a set of steel wheels off a wrecked Dodge Omni to mount my Golf snow tires on and they were stamped VW.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Is an Audi really a VW? Reply with quote

Sure. In the beginning years of the Omni/Horizon cars Chrysler bought the engines and some of the drive train from VW. The engines had a longer stroke to take them to 1700cc from the VW 1683. I put a Omni crankshaft into my Rabbit when I rebuilt it. There was only 1 spot on the engine block that needed clearance otherwise it was a bolt in.
kpf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Is an Audi really a VW? Reply with quote

Retrovan wrote:
The Passat drives better has more standered items , the car is more comfortable then the A4 Audi

It is also half the price with double the spec.

But yet its built on the same platform, has the most common parts and run the same engines / gearbox.

So if you ask me No the VW is better then a Audi anytime.

And before you ask, yes I have owned both, and hate a Audi, but love a Passat.

OMO

Herman

I went through this same transition. I had an Audi A6 and replaced it with a Passat. Half the horsepower, of course, but more fun to drive in my opinion.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: