Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

When will the reality hit Samba classified prices? Opinions.
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dennismcd707 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: When will the reality hit Samba classified prices? Opinions. Reply with quote

I went on the Samba classifieds last February, looking for a Beetle in my area. Low and behold, not only did I find one, I found the perfect one. And I didn't try to talk the price down. I paid it happily.
So what does that say about prices, or the economy? I saw a no-rust car, well cared for by somebody who had a lot of passion for vintage VW's, and I didn't think twice about paying the asking price.

There's always going to be people like me, who see the worth in a vintage car, and who will pay for it, regardless of the economy.
1971 Super Beetle, 1776, dual Weber's, roller crank, big valve modified racing heads, close ratio trans, lowered suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, car has over 368,000 actual miles. (RIP 1970 Beetle/Baja, 1986 GTI, 1999 Jetta, 2002 Jetta)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: When will the reality hit Samba classified prices? Opinions. Reply with quote

dennismcd707 wrote:
I went on the Samba classifieds last February, looking for a Beetle in my area. Low and behold, not only did I find one, I found the perfect one. And I didn't try to talk the price down. I paid it happily.
So what does that say about prices, or the economy?

Maybe nothing. Supers don't often command the same prices as earlier non-Super models, and maybe Keith had it priced to move, so it's hard to say what it means without knowing what you gave for it.
MuzzcoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: When will the reality hit Samba classified prices? Opinions. Reply with quote

I find some of the classified prices outrageous.. and some very fair. One thing I HAVE found is if you can be patient and place a want ad, is you will find there are plenty of fine people around still offering parts at fair prices. This is why I try to collect parts slowly for future projects, it gives you time to look for decent deals.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: