Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Passenger Foot Rest Question
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sofia74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:55 pm    Post subject: Passenger Foot Rest Question Reply with quote

I removed the passenger foot rest when we disassembled the 1974 KG Coupe about five (or so) years ago. Can’t remember if it was attached or loose under the carpet. Now that I am installing new carpet wondering how this thing attaches. I see what looks like attaching brackets on the back but no corresponding holes in the front body – what would be a firewall. Did I just cover them up with the insulation?
Thanks

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Passenger Foot Rest Question Reply with quote

Matt, yes you covered them up with the insulation. Position the foot rest in the general area, then press your fingers around on the insulation and you will feel the little horizontal slots, slice open, and insert the mounting tabs. Should lock in place. I had to do the same thing...experience!
Jeff

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
runamoc Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Passenger Foot Rest Question Reply with quote

Quote:
installing new carpet

There is an option when ordering carpet...with or without foot rest. Depending on what you ordered you might not need it.
VW Wiring = It's just wires
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sofia74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Passenger Foot Rest Question Reply with quote

Jeff, makes sense. In fact, I just went and checked and found the slots. Will cut them tomorrow. Cocktail hour has put a halt to further progress today.

Runamoc, agreed. Since it was an option my backup plan was to leave it out. But I think I can make it work now.

Thanks, Matt
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Passenger Foot Rest Question Reply with quote

Even if you didn't get the carpet type to cover over, you can still make a little slice and put it in place, can get some felt or something to put over or just leave it painted. Hope cocktail hour went well...always good after a frustrating build day! And few if any have said I make sense!!
Jeff

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: