Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Reproduction pressed bumper trim Reviews ?
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Al Huva
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reproduction pressed bumper trim Reviews ? Reply with quote

Hi looking to purchase bumper trims for my pressed bumper deluxe and looking for reviews . Has anyone recently purchased them and can provide feedback I have posted in the type 2 split forum but no responses Thx Al
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here is the link to his ad from Thailand (Tong/[email protected])
I did check his feedback also

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1196045

Last edited by Al Huva on Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
austriadeluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Reproduction pressed bumper trim Reviews ? Reply with quote

Hi, I purchased a set of the bd deluxe trims from the guy in Thailand years ago, I wasn’t happy with them. Fronts were too short, rears too long. The seller wasn’t really interested in my feedback. Wouldn’t recommend them. I am sure I have some pictures from the wrong measurements somewhere…
After that I ordered a set of creative engineering trim in UK, they let me wait for half a year and after lots of lame excuses about tooling,… blablabla I got my money back. Also no recommendation…
If there is a good quality, right size source, sold by a company that has them in stock I would still be interested to buy a set. Anybody out there???

Al Huva wrote:
Hi looking to purchase bumper trims for my pressed bumper deluxe and looking for reviews . Has anyone recently purchased them and can provide feedback I have posted in the type 2 split forum but no responses Thx Al
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Here is the link to his ad from Thailand (Tong/[email protected])
I did check his feedback also

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1196045
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Reproduction pressed bumper trim Reviews ? Reply with quote

austriadeluxe wrote:
Hi, I purchased a set of the bd deluxe trims from the guy in Thailand years ago, I wasn’t happy with them. Fronts were too short, rears too long. The seller wasn’t really interested in my feedback. Wouldn’t recommend them. I am sure I have some pictures from the wrong measurements somewhere…

I second this. While sourcing trims for my 15w build I had the same problem with the Thailand guy. After returning them for a refund he was not happy. Nonetheless, he has no desire to correct his wrong product.

In the end, I went with these guys - https://www.westlingusa.com/
It looks like the VW content has been removed from their site, https://www.westlingusa.com/collections/vw-deluxe-bumper-trim
but it might be worth a call.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: