Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How does tire pressure technology work?
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TornadoRed06
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: How does tire pressure technology work? Reply with quote

Jon Schmid wrote:
I'm glad I have 20+ YO cars with none of this BS electronic nonsense. Where does it all end?

In the junkyard.

Dono but, I see the less and less vehicles coming to Vintage Age, so I guess the master plan is working...

Funny that BMW says TPMS valves should be preventively changed every 10 years (mainly the square little box inside the rim) but the BMW Workshop Chief tells me: "No Sir, your BMW doesn't need to have them changed, the car will tell you with a message in the screen in case it needs". Well, I guess I need to wait for the voltage drop from the battery on the TPMS sensors then. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
steve244
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: How does tire pressure technology work? Reply with quote

TornadoRed06 wrote:
TDCTDI wrote:
TPMS systems are the reason why manufacturers & lots of dedicated tire shops use nitrogen in the tires. Nitrogen is less reactive to temperature changes. Filling your tires from a normal air pump just sets yourself up for aggravation.

Oh, really?? Rolling Eyes

So, that is the reason why these guys are gauging me 11 Euro plus (consider it $12), they gave me in this work estimate for 4 new tires with rubber TR413 valves on steel wheels for this vintage VW...
Too bad it hasn't ABS, let alone TPMS!!!

... last time I checked, "air" that, we people, pump into tires have 78% or more Nitrogen in it, that is Nitrogen enough for me, don't see a reason to hand $12 to "professionals" to pump that Nitrogen stuff through rubber valves. And with the amount of TDI and all the other diesel engines here in Europe, we might well get a lot more in it actually.

And now that we discuss this kind of silly stuff, come to mind that Green valve caps are supposed to be the telling sign that tires are pumped with Nitrogen and Silver valve caps tell TPMS valves... Too bad this Porsche Taycan GTS came from the factory with HUF TPMS sensors black from top to bottom (at least this is what we glance on the outside) and this plastic Black valve cap with Alligator EHA inscriptions on it can be put to pasture with those Oh So Chick! Black valve caps with either coloured or monochrome Porsche Logos from Porsche Tequipment. Ah, so nice that "professionals" can be curbed this easily! Laughing

This was the theme of comments a few of us made. Posts were deleted by the mod for being "off topic bs." And I used the word "horseshit."

Sigh.
The Vanagon's drivetrain and chassis restomod thread. Best sung to the tune of I Did It My Way...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: How does tire pressure technology work? Reply with quote

more pressure makes the tire harder and picks up the car higher from when it was flat.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: