Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Carburetor Knowledge Needed
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Carburetor Knowledge Needed Reply with quote

papichuito wrote:
Tram wrote:
papichuito wrote:
I can't believe this is turning into a carburetor science study/experiment. I thought about venturi size and looked into one of my spare carburetor and guess what? Not one number but 3, 32-34-24,,,, so tomorrow I will dig all my spare type 3 carbs and take inventory of all possible combinations. Any suggestions? Oh, I am trying to figure out how to get photos here.

The first two numbers are the types of carbs the vents fit- 32 and 34 PDSIT. The last number is vent size- 24.
This helps a lot. I wonder how many sizes/combinations are available. I guess venturies from the Type 2 carbs will fit the Type 3 carbs?.... Thank you Tram.

Yes, they do swap, as some guys are using 28mm or larger venturies in their larger type 3 engines. They're also jetting up as well. The problem however is the stock air cleaner assembly is becoming a limiter on engine size.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
papichuito
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: Carburetor Knowledge Needed Reply with quote

Bobnotch wrote:
papichuito wrote:
Tram wrote:
papichuito wrote:
I can't believe this is turning into a carburetor science study/experiment. I thought about venturi size and looked into one of my spare carburetor and guess what? Not one number but 3, 32-34-24,,,, so tomorrow I will dig all my spare type 3 carbs and take inventory of all possible combinations. Any suggestions? Oh, I am trying to figure out how to get photos here.

The first two numbers are the types of carbs the vents fit- 32 and 34 PDSIT. The last number is vent size- 24.
This helps a lot. I wonder how many sizes/combinations are available. I guess venturies from the Type 2 carbs will fit the Type 3 carbs?.... Thank you Tram.

Yes, they do swap, as some guys are using 28mm or larger v inenturies in their larger type 3 engines. They're also jetting up as well. The problem however is the stock air cleaner assembly is becoming a limiter on engine size.
That is exactly what I was thinking. I have a 1776 bilt on a Type 3 case with a 110 cam with very small ported and polished heads that I can put on the stand and tune there before installing. Even though the engine on my Fastback since to run good,,,, I think more tinkering could be done with the cards. But I am living it along untill I have a spare ready to go. I want to be ready for cruising season. It will be here before you know.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: