Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Front suspension at full drop with aftermarket shocks
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:15 pm    Post subject: Front suspension at full drop with aftermarket shocks Reply with quote

I was warned that if I lift the front end of my van too much it would be hard on the CV joints. I have noticed this before but I thought that I would post. When you lift the front end/tire of the van off the ground, and the suspension hangs at full drop, the inner CV boot comes into contact with the frame/cross member. Since the drop bump stop on these vans are located in the shock, the length of the shock determines the drop limit. I am running Bilstein HD shocks and was running the Monroe RV shock before this. Is the Bilstein longer than stock? Does the CV boot contact with the OE shock?

I have since lowered the front end some. It would seem that regardless of the amount of lift the CV boot would make contact when topping out the suspension travel. I guess if the ride height ratio was set with more drop than bump travel the occurrence of top out would be a lot less.

A little hard to see in this photo, but you can see the grease all over the LCA.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: