Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1952 Crotch Cooler Karmann Cab - Rear seat question
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GS76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:42 am    Post subject: 1952 Crotch Cooler Karmann Cab - Rear seat question Reply with quote

Hi, I have a 1952 Crotch Cooler Karmann Cabriolet project that has 95% of its original parts including matching engine number. The one obvious piece that is missing is the rear seat.

I know these are near on impossible to find but my question is whether any pre-55 cabriolet seat would be ok or was there anything specifc about a seat of for a 1952 Karmann cab?

Of course, if anyone has one tucked away that they want to sell, I would be happy to talk Pray Pray
type4split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 1952 Crotch Cooler Karmann Cab - Rear seat question Reply with quote

To my knowledge the bottoms are the same. I have both and could provide pictures.

The question is the top. The hinged brackets seem different. Also I need to confirm the mounting location is same. I do know the inner quarter panel is slightly different
'50-something convertible (*need ribbed 'vert quarter panel )
'63 "milo" beetle
Part, parts and more parts
GS76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: 1952 Crotch Cooler Karmann Cab - Rear seat question Reply with quote

If you could post any pictures that would be brilliant. I have no reference point so that would be really helpful.

thanks
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 1952 Crotch Cooler Karmann Cab - Rear seat question Reply with quote

I have a oval vert rear seat in my 50, fits fine just not as padded.
GS76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: 1952 Crotch Cooler Karmann Cab - Rear seat question Reply with quote

Thats good to know - thank you
66 Beetle
beetlekey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: 1952 Crotch Cooler Karmann Cab - Rear seat question Reply with quote

GS76 wrote:
Hi, I have a 1952 Crotch Cooler Karmann Cabriolet project that has 95% of its original parts including matching engine number. The one obvious piece that is missing is the rear seat.

I know these are near on impossible to find but my question is whether any pre-55 cabriolet seat would be ok or was there anything specifc about a seat of for a 1952 Karmann cab?

Of course, if anyone has one tucked away that they want to sell, I would be happy to talk Pray Pray

Hi,
there were no changes from split to switter. We produce a few rearseats. If you are interested, i can give you the contact.

If you are searching for vintage keys, look here:
https://www.facebook.com/WagenmanufakturHO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GS76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: 1952 Crotch Cooler Karmann Cab - Rear seat question Reply with quote

that would be great - thank you
66 Beetle
GS76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: 1952 Crotch Cooler Karmann Cab - Rear seat question Reply with quote

beetlekey wrote:
GS76 wrote:

Hi,
there were no changes from split to switter. We produce a few rearseats. If you are interested, i can give you the contact.

Do you have any pictures? Could an Oval cabriolet seat work and what is the difference in appearance?
66 Beetle
type4split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 1952 Crotch Cooler Karmann Cab - Rear seat question Reply with quote

no differences. the only difference i have ever seen is the hinge. seen below

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1623520

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1871758

the mounting area that this bracket connect s too is slightly different from a early oval to a split, but i believe the bracket swivel makes up the difference
'50-something convertible (*need ribbed 'vert quarter panel )
'63 "milo" beetle
Part, parts and more parts
beetlekey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: 1952 Crotch Cooler Karmann Cab - Rear seat question Reply with quote

Do you have any pictures? Could an Oval cabriolet seat work and what is the difference in appearance?[/quote]

Oval - 55 will work.

If you are searching for vintage keys, look here:
https://www.facebook.com/WagenmanufakturHO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: