Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2003 Trans temp supper high with aftermarket cooler
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BayStYat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:04 pm    Post subject: 2003 Trans temp supper high with aftermarket cooler Reply with quote

I just did a LPD 49211 cooler with no bypass valve. (In live in the Deep South). I am seeing crazy high temps, 244F. I just did a trans fluid change and the cooler. At 60mph im running 3200 RPMS in 4th gear. I do have 225/65/16 tires. Shifts good but from 3 to 4 it holds for 2 seconds before 4 engages. I checked that the transmission is pumping fluid. I have check/set the fluid 2 times with the scan gauge.

I am completely stumped on that the problem could be.

Any guidance is appreciated
hmbrgrs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 2003 Trans temp supper high with aftermarket cooler Reply with quote

shouldn’t it be closer to 70mph at 3200rpm? my 2002 does 60 mph at 2750rpm.
BayStYat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 2003 Trans temp supper high with aftermarket cooler Reply with quote

hmbrgrs wrote:
shouldn’t it be closer to 70mph at 3200rpm? my 2002 does 60 mph at 2750rpm.

I was thinking my RPMs were high for 60 mph.
mikemtnbike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: 2003 Trans temp supper high with aftermarket cooler Reply with quote

I'd be questioning my installation, honestly. Lord knows I've made enough mistakes to do so- are you sure everything is hooked up right? Please, again, note not saying you've done something wrong, not being critical or negative, just saying what I would do because I am super good at thinking I did things right and later discovering I did not.
BayStYat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: 2003 Trans temp supper high with aftermarket cooler Reply with quote

mikemtnbike wrote:
I'd be questioning my installation, honestly. Lord knows I've made enough mistakes to do so- are you sure everything is hooked up right? Please, again, note not saying you've done something wrong, not being critical or negative, just saying what I would do because I am super good at thinking I did things right and later discovering I did not.

Definitely understand what you’re saying but I did verify it’s correct. Some one said my Torque Converter may not be locking up. Causing high rpm and creating heat.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: