Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2000 Eurovan MV heater hose replacement where can I find it?
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mdivasc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:57 pm    Post subject: 2000 Eurovan MV heater hose replacement where can I find it? Reply with quote

I have a 2000 eurovan mv and one of the heater core hoses that goes to the firewall with the t connector and the temp sender has broken. The plastic t piece broke. It has a blue 2 pin temp sender on it as well. No one has the part and all sources say it’s obsolete and no one makes it. Does anyone have a source for this plastic connector? The hoses are ok, but the parts guys say it’s listed as a complete part with the hoses and temp sensor. I’ll take any source for the part if anyone knows one. Otherwise I’m gonna have to fabricate something with other bits. Has anyone done this mcgyver of the hoses here? Any ideas on the best solution if I can’t find the part?
Thanks [/s]
vwplenty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 2000 Eurovan MV heater hose replacement where can I find it? Reply with quote

This Audi "T" 4A0819497 holds a VW temperature sender and worked for me on my 2002 Eurovan. It's available from ECS tuning, Audi, and many other suppliers. All the plastic cooling connectors crumble by 20 years of age and can be replace with new VW plastic or PEX brass T's

Audi Coolant "T" P/N
4A0819497

Take a look at this article but it's for a 24V Eurovan:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=727455

Cheers,
Robert
Mdivasc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 2000 Eurovan MV heater hose replacement where can I find it? Reply with quote

vwplenty wrote:
This Audi "T" 4A0819497 holds a VW temperature sender and worked for me on my 2002 Eurovan. It's available from ECS tuning, Audi, and many other suppliers. All the plastic cooling connectors crumble by 20 years of age and can be replace with new VW plastic or PEX brass T's

Audi Coolant "T" P/N
4A0819497

Take a look at this article but it's for a 24V Eurovan:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=727455

Cheers,
Robert

Here are some photos of the hose/broken fitting

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

pleinau
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: 2000 Eurovan MV heater hose replacement where can I find it? Reply with quote

Wondering if you were able to resolve this with the Audi part or other repair? Looks like I have a crack in my 1997- same part as your 2000. Hoping you found a source Smile

Peter L
1997 Eurovan Camper
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: