Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone reproduce Westfalia Wood Slat Rack Clamps sloper 59-61?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tristanblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:05 am    Post subject: Anyone reproduce Westfalia Wood Slat Rack Clamps sloper 59-61? Reply with quote

Anyone reproduce Westfalia Wood Slat Rack Clamps sloper 59-61?

Will the later style repops at least work to hold the rack on?

T
Simon Fraser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone reproduce Westfalia Wood Slat Rack Clamps sloper 59-61? Reply with quote

I have reproduced a number of 1959 to mid 1961 westy rack clamps. A mold of an orginal clamp was made to create the pressing tool so the shape is exact.
The clamp on the left is an original clamp from which the tooling mold was made. The middle clamp is a reproduced electro-galvanized clamp. These are $80 each.
The clamp on the right is raw steel (to allow you to galvanise the clamp at the same time as (if) you re-galvanize your rack) but I have sold out all of these at the moment. These are $75 each.
Shipping is additional.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tristanblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone reproduce Westfalia Wood Slat Rack Clamps sloper 59-61? Reply with quote

Simon Fraser wrote:
I have reproduced a number of 1959 to mid 1961 westy rack clamps. A mold of an orginal clamp was made to create the pressing tool so the shape is exact.
The clamp on the left is an original clamp from which the tooling mold was made. The middle clamp is a reproduced electro-galvanized clamp. These are $80 each.
The clamp on the right is raw steel (to allow you to galvanise the clamp at the same time as (if) you re-galvanize your rack) but I have sold out all of these at the moment. These are $75 each.
Shipping is additional.

Very cool! So do you have a set of the galvanized ones on hand or are you out of them all? Would you make some more if I bought a full set? Thanks!

Sent you messages
Simon Fraser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone reproduce Westfalia Wood Slat Rack Clamps sloper 59-61? Reply with quote

Sure, no problem I have a full set of galv clamps available. I'll PM you to arrange things
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: